Monday, January 18, 2010

{SNOW Much Fun Again}

It was another snow fun weekend for the Dearden families! James & Kami (Derrick's cousin)made arrangements for us all to borrow a condo at Mt. Holly above Beaver for the weekend. After hours of packing, (seriously why does it always have to take so long, and why must we take so much) and the back of the truck packed full, we headed out late Friday afternoon. They got there a few hours before us, and had cleaned everything up (it hadn't been used in awhile) and had dinner almost done, or maybe a little too done...... lets just say James may never be allowed to cook steaks again.Saturday morning we all went out sledding for a bit.

There was plenty of snow and a hill that was perfect for both the kids and the grownups too! I have to admit, I only went down two or three times, because the hike back up in that deep powder was rough! But everyone was having a blast, until.....

.....suddenly it was cold, and everyone was tired and ready to go back in!
The kids really all play pretty well together and kept busy watching movies, playing the PlayStation, and Carlie even entertained us with her dancing moves. Derrick and James took advantage of that time to take the snowmobiles out for a bit. The kids and Kami (yep, I wimped out....no really I was listening for Tyce to wake up from his nap) went back out and made a big snow fort complete with seats. Then later that afternoon James and Kami were nice enough to watch all the kids while Derrick and I took the snowmobiles out a little bit. It had been quite a few years since I've ridden and I have to admit, I was thankful for the groomed trails.
The next morning (after much preparation, it seemed) we all went out on the snowmobiles. Again, I was very thankful for the groomed trails, especially since I was riding with two kids. I did kick them off every so often so I could go play in the open areas. We found a great hill, and were glad we'd deflated a couple tubes and threw them on. The kids were in heaven with this hill, the slope was perfect and it probably took two minutes to get from the top to the bottom. I think they each may have climbed back up (or even half way up) once.....and the rest of the time they'd go down and one of us would run down on one of the snowmobiles and bring them back up! What could be better than that?
I have to say it was a great weekend filled with fun, games, not much sleep, good food, not many quiet moments, and especially good memories!


7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Misti said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time :) I love the family picture!!

Suzanne said...

Oh, you guys looked like you had so much fun!! A weekend away to a cabin to snowmobile and sled just sounds heavenly on a cold day like this! Glad you guys were all safe too! Hope you have a wonderful day! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

Yay!!
It all looks so fun!!
It makes me miss your Grandma's cabin seeing all of the pictures..

Tubing behind the snowmobiles is sooo fun! Jealous!!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of all the fun you are having in the snow!!!!

Carlene said...

Just thinking that the reason you seem to have snowmobiling in your blood is probably because as a baby you went into the family cabin (Strawberry) zipped in the front of my snowsuit.

Marilee said...

Yay for good times! Glad your excursion was worth it!

Heather said...

How fun! Love the picture of your family at the bottom of the post!