I'm sure none of you could tell from my last post that I'm SUPER excited about my new big heavy treasure. I can't wait to get it cleaned up and in my house. I think I'm just going to give it a good scrubbing and try it in my kitchen as is. Anyhow, Derrick and I were looking at it this evening when I found a hidden treasure! I opened up the top two doors and there are little notes penciled along the insides.
I know these pictures aren't the best.....but how cool is that?
This particular one says 10 lbs to Milton. Milton was my Great Grandfather!
- Started to take milk, Nov. 20th (do you think that's a cow or a child?)
- 11 Lbs. mutton
- 9:30 Wed Night KSL
- Phone bill $1.20
- pd for Deseret News Sept. 20, 1926
- No 101 check for Edith's coat (Edith was my Great, Great Aunt)
- Check to Sears Roebuck Edith 37 Papas 25
There is also a recipe for something that is only partially legible, a couple addresses and quite a few other little notes. I for sure won't be painting that part if I do decide to paint.....and I'll have to be very careful to make sure and clean around it all!
YEA, for hidden treasures!

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Awwww!
This even makes it more sentimental and special! Now.. if only there was a little space with a couple hundred dollars stashed too? That happens.. more than you think. Antiques are AWESOME!
I am excited! Excited!
Happy weekend!! Can't wait to see it in your kitchen.. and loved and used by you! XO
AAAHHHHHHH!!!!! How cool is that! Not only the information, but the handwriting too! Please don't paint over that, I would leave it just the way it is! How cool is this treasure! I am in awa! Way awe! Hope you have a wonderful day! -Suzanne
I LOVE it!! How neat is that!! I'm excited for you :)
That's really neat!!!
How fun for you. How cool to have notes and recipes. That is sooooo cool. I am way exctied for you. Have fun can't wait to see the finished product.
AWESOME! I love finding stuff like that. Sometimes when I go to DI I find old books with love letters tucked inside, book marks, postcards, pictures, or money! They are all treasures to me!
That is so amazing. I am so happy for you. I would love to have some thing like that with my ancestor's handwriting on it.
Post a Comment