One of the boys Christmas presents from Derrick and I were tickets to the Western Nationals Snocross Races! So Saturday morning we packed up all our warm gear, jumped in the car with Damon and James and headed out! Oh, and we dropped Miss Carlie off at Grandpa and Grandma Dearden's. I think she was really excited to spend the day with "big Syney" and could have cared less that we were leaving her.
After a few shopping stops, picking up Kami, and dinner, we made it to Rio Tinto stadium and proceeded to add layer upon layer of warm clothes. Yep, it's chilly outside at 7:00 pm, and even colder at 10:30!
Honestly it wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be, my nose and my toes got cold, but otherwise I was good. I bet the guy we saw walk in wearing shorts and a light jacket couldn't say that!
The races themselves were pretty fun to watch, especially the hole shots, when there were 15 sleds all piled up together trying to get the best spot!
But my favorite part was, and always is, the freestyle riders! I love watching the jumps not to mention the back flips!
The boys were so excited and had to go down and get a front row view!
After a few shopping stops, picking up Kami, and dinner, we made it to Rio Tinto stadium and proceeded to add layer upon layer of warm clothes. Yep, it's chilly outside at 7:00 pm, and even colder at 10:30!
Honestly it wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be, my nose and my toes got cold, but otherwise I was good. I bet the guy we saw walk in wearing shorts and a light jacket couldn't say that!
The races themselves were pretty fun to watch, especially the hole shots, when there were 15 sleds all piled up together trying to get the best spot!
But my favorite part was, and always is, the freestyle riders! I love watching the jumps not to mention the back flips!

8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Yay!I'm glad you stayed warm!
Your such a TOM BOY at heart.. and I love you for it! :) XO
Hey Monica!!
OK, now this makes sense. When you posted this event on Facebook, I was like "huh?" but now seeing pictures, WOW! Looks like you guys had a ball. What I love most about reading your family adventures is the time you spend together with your boys (and Carli too!) You are building memories that these boys will cherish and cherish you for "playing along with the boys." You are an amazing woman Monica! -Suzanne
I love that your family is always doing stuff together that EVERYONE loves. It's important to have traditions and hobbies that you can share together!
Wow! I have to say that looks SUPER cool - My boys would love that!
What great parents and a great gift!!
I saw the prep for this event on the news--Looks awesome!
What a blast, I second what other's have said what a great FAMILY activity- I am sure your kids had such a great time, I wish I knew it were going on we would have went.. What a blast and I am so glad Rio Tinto is being used :)
How did I miss this post???
I am glad you guys had fun and stayed warm :)
Wow, I didn't know they can flip over too, like motorcycles!
Glad you had a good time!!
Post a Comment