Wednesday, January 6, 2010

{I Confess....}

  • as soon as my kids walk out the door to the bus every morning...... I climb back in bed and go back to sleep. I have this theory- if it's dark, I should still be asleep! Call me lazy, but I have a hard time getting to sleep at night, so I figure if Carlie is asleep in the morning, and I can sleep, I'm gonna!
  • I spend way more time on the computer each day than I probably should.
  • I am a horrible Visiting Teacher..... I have good intentions, but I never seem to follow through?!? I have a testimony of Visiting Teaching, and have had Visiting Teachers in the past who have made a huge impact on my life....still I'm horrible at it.
  • I haven't had one drop of water to drink today! (unless you count the water that my Coke was made with.....there's gotta be some water in there, don't ya think?)
  • I read a ridiculous amount of pages in 2009 (34,967 to be exact) but I would be embarrassed to admit how many of those pages were read from the scriptures.
  • It's January 6th, my Christmas decor is still up and honestly I have no idea when I'm going to get around to taking it down......before Valentines, I hope?
  • I weigh....NO, I'm not really going to share that! Let's just say, I weigh more than I would like and I'm really out of shape.

Pretty pathetic list, right? Hey....I'm just keepin' it real! So, it's the start of a new year.....I just proved that there are plenty resolutions that I could make. But let's be honest....my resolutions usually last, a few weeks, maybe a month or two if I'm lucky and then I'm back to square one. One of my friends is setting goals, goals seemed more attainable to her, and I like the sound of it better. I think I've decided to set one goal...... To simply be better...pretty all encompassing right? A better mom, better friend, better wife, better church member, better about my health decisions, just better! I figure if every day I just work at being better than I was the day before, I've accomplished something, and by the end of the year, I hope I can truly say I feel like I am a better person ending 2010 than I was beginning it!

13 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

CB said...

I am making some changes in my life but I will tell you that for the past couple of years I could have been your twin on each and every point!
I think Being Better is a fabulous goal!!
Good luck - I know if you are thinking about it it will happen :D

Suzanne said...

You are a woman of great worth. Never forget that! I think your goal is great! It's one day at a time, and enjoying every day for it! -Suzanne

Mel said...

You made my night! Thanks for keeping it real! I am with you on the VT thing. I stink. But have good intentions. Also if Ryan is still in bed when my other kids leave I am right back there if I can be. You go girl!

crystal said...

Those are great goals for 2010 :) Good luck and just so you know, what I do know of you I already think your a great person in every way

Ann Marie said...

I. Love. You.

Are some of these bad? What's bad about going back to bed?
I love it.

I already knew all of those things.. and wasn't surprised.

Tonight I drank some water.. but other than that.. it's been all A&W baby!

Yes.. I need to lose some pounds.. but more than that.. I just want to get some energy again! I'm lazy as far as exercise goes.

Have a good night! Love ya.. XO

Ann Marie said...

BTW: I love your new profile picture... It's purty!!

Megan said...

You are great!! Besides half the things you said sound just like me. So no worries!!

Marilee said...

This is a nice, polite comment...who doesn't struggle with VT, unless you're retired? Hee! Hee! I am an awesome "fly-by-night" visiting teacher (run by the ladies' homes at the last possible minute of the last possible day with a little treat and a little howdy and hello). Yep, "fly-by-night". You know, I haven't made any new goals, well, I've thought of a few, but a goal not written down is just a wish. I like it...SIMPLY do better. Thanks for your never ending inspiration!

Heather said...

Wonderful attitude Monica! I think sometimes resolutions are just things we do just because it's a new year and that's why they don't last long. Just being better is such a great way to do it! I think that's what my goal will be too.... just try and be better. Thanks Monica!

Shalise said...

Ha, Ha, Ha- I wish I dared to go back to sleep, My problem is I would never wake up and I have to pick Danica up for school- plus Bryhn's preschool! Aren't you teaching preschool? Does Dr. Pepper count as water, I am terrible too; I need to get back into my weight watchers mode, or shall I say my positive mode, I just have no drive right now and I really need too.

Jen said...

I love other people like me....who "keep it real." Sounds like a good all encompassing resolution! :)

Amy said...

Okay,s looking at your list, I would say that we are very similar. The only bulleted point that wouldn't be on my list is the water one and that's just because I decided I can give up soda to make me feel better about the amount of chocolate I ingest each day! Maybe we can work on things together! However, I'm pretty sure you are about as awesome as they get!!!

Miss Megan said...

Monica! You sound just like me! I need to be better about reading the scriptures (because I certainly read a lot of other stuff), putting down the Coke and drinking more water, and spending way too much time in bed! Good luck in 2010 with all of your resolutions! Cheers!

P.S. I got your darling Christmas card in the mail...I loved it! You have such a sweet family. Thanks again!