Wednesday, February 3, 2010

{Goals....Re-thought and Revised Plan}

Remember the I Confess post from a few weeks ago? If you recall I decided to set one goal this year....to simply be better. How's that working for me, you ask? Honestly, it could be better. You see, to simply be better everyday is a pretty vague goal. Must I be better in every category? Or if I just, lets say, eat better on Tuesday than I did on Monday, does that count even if, spiritually, I made no improvement? It's just too broad and vague.

Well, yesterday I was blog stalking..... I have a few blogs that I've run across at some point that have good ideas, or are interesting to me, that I collect in a little folder and check occasionally, anyhow, I found the BEST idea! Hannah at Sherbet Blossom, came up with this great plan. She's setting 5 monthly goals...... 5 measurable monthly goals, and then at the first of each month she'll set new ones. Isn't that great? More what I need, me thinks! And if that little gem of an idea wasn't enough......she made up the cutest little calendar to track your goals and she's going to post a new one at the first of each month for you to print if you'd like. See her post here. Can you tell I love this idea. I'll let you know next month how it's going, and in the end if it all works out well, I've still fulfilled my original goal, to be a better person at the end of 2010, right!

6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Miss Megan said...

Yeah I am definitely more of a short-term goal person. If I make big commitments or promises for the year I tend to fall short. Good luck with being a better person! LOL. ;)

Suzanne said...

This is a great idea! I might do it myself! I hope that you are able to achieve all that you are looking to acheive. I am cheering you on the whole way! Have a fabulous day! -Suzanne

Misti said...

I need to rethink and revise my plan!!! lol

Ann Marie said...

Oh friend... you crack me up!


I think this is a cute idea.. but I do think that we as women are too hard on ourselves.. way more than we should be.

I have started to embrace the:
I got these things accomplished today! Rather than listing all of the things I didn't get done.

The story of my life.

Really.. I feel that especially now.. I need to focus on all of the positive aspects of life.. rather than the negative. :)

Hope your having a good day..
Love ya!

Heather said...

I think that is a great idea! The calender is adorable too.

I like what Ann said too. That we should focus on the things we did get done rather than what we didn't. I do think it is good to set goals though. I believe in you!

Shane & Laina said...

Thanks for the link...totally excited to use it this month!!!