Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{What's Making Mo Happy Lately?}

A Lil' Valentines Love!

Really, normally I'm not much of a Valentines girl.....give me a sugar cookie and I'm happy! This year I had the yummiest sugar cookies EVER! I got a fun surprise package in the mail and a darling handmade card from sweet friends. Derrick gave me a big, soft furry pillow. And, I got flowers from a darling four year old boy (one of my preschoolers). Yep, I'd have to say I liked Valentines this year!

Brock's Birthday Ladder
I got Brock's pictures in the birthday ladder for his Birthday this week! I love to look at the pictures of how much he's changed and grown over the years and he was excited to come home and see it done.
•A few MoMents spent stamping and creating!
It seems like it's been a long time since I've had the chance to just sit down and stamp or craft. I need to make it a point to do it more often....cause I love it! I had to get Brock's birthday invites done last night so we could get them to his friends today, and it was so relaxing to sit down for a few minutes and create! Plus today I took a second to make the topper for the birthday ladder.
•Primary
I know I've said it before, but I love serving in the Primary! The kids are adorable, and I learn so much being there. The theme for 2010 is "I Know My Savior Loves Me". I pray that each of our children really knows that the Savior does love them, individually and unconditionally! My sharing time this past Sunday focused on our Saviors Atonement, I'm not sure how much the kids got out of it, but it was something that I needed. I truly look forward to Primary each week!
• A Girls Trip to Look Forward To
Only 9 more days! I'll tell you all about it soon, I promise!

5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Your smart.. I think I need a Spring and a fall girls trip..
Too bad I'll have to just be happy for you this spring while you have your getaway of awesomeness!!

Love your Valentines stash. I want to eat those Sugar cookies. Seriously.. they look mouth watering. You need to share with me next time we talk who brought you such delightful stuff..

You deserve to be loved and spoiled.. so I am glad Valentines was better... :)

I love the ladder. What a cute thing that you change it. Of course I had to enlarge the picture to look at all of the pictures.. and it made me sad. Our kids are growing up too fast! I remember him at all of those ages!!

I LOVE when your in a crafty mood... I'm thinking we need to do some cards and/or banners in October... What do ya think?

Love you tons and tons.. :)

Suzanne said...

Monica!

I love that you were spoiled for Valentines! Sometimes it is just the simple gifts of "I am thinking of you" make it that much better!

My heart strings were tugged when you talked about your Primary calling. I know exactly what you are talking about. Bless you Monica for your service and kindness for those children. You may be changing lives!

I wish I had your craftiness. I have been struggling over a poster for 2 days now and sometimes I think of you and my other friend and wish I had your gift. I will try to tune into my inner Monica today! ha! Have a lovely day! -Suzanne

Misti said...

Looks like you had a really good Valentines :)

I love your ladder and how you change out the pics for different occasions.

We should get together and stamp!

Heather said...

I am glad you enjoyed Valentine's so much this year.

Happy Birthday to Brock!

Glad you got the chance to relax and do some Stamp it Up.

I love primary too. I not in primary but I loved being in it when I was. I love the them this year.

Shalise said...

So cute, I still have not gotten into the mood as of yet- it's terrible.. Love the pictures and the ladder is so cute.