It's been a weekend of Birthday Celebrations at our house!
I'm a mean mom, who only lets my kids have a friend party every other year or so. This was Brock's year and he chose to go bowling. Since we don't have a bowling alley around here, we had to make the 45 min. drive to Delta. Brock picked enough friends to fill up the Tahoe and off we went. The kids all had a great time, and I have to admit, even Derrick and I enjoyed bowling with them. I also have to brag, that I had the high score both games.....honestly it really wasn't high enough to brag about and we even had bumpers!?!? The boys had a great time, and I was thoroughly entertained during our drive. Carson and Slade serenaded us with a mean Taylor Swift, Love Story, quite loudly! Kamryn brought bubble gum to share with everyone and they had a bubble blowing contest on the way over. Kaleb held his own with the bigger boys and Memphis just sat back and took it all in! It was a crazy day, and I think everyone had a good time.
Brock was excited to open his gifts this year (ok, there's never been a year he hasn't been). He got a DS and a few games, his own set of sparring gear and quite a bit of money. He's such a good kid.....when I asked him what he's going to do with the money, he said he wants to spend a little and put the rest in savings, for a mission and college!
I saw a cute cake in my Family Fun magazine and decided to give it a shot. It was far from perfect, but I thought it turned out pretty good, and the Birthday Boy was happy with it and that's all that really counts, right?

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Yay!! Fiiiiiirrrsssttt!!!!
Mean mom? Psh.... We are a every other year family/friends party family too.
I love that you had high scores! Woot!
Brock looks very happy.. and he and Kaleb as gangsta's are fun!!
I saw that cake!! I shouldn't be amazed that you copied it so well.. because you can do anything!
Hope you have a good week and call me before you leave! XO
Happy Birthday to Brock- I love how he parties: bowling is SO much fun.. I like the idea of every other year as well, it's SO much easier; His cake was darling and looked SO yummy- glad he had a great time..
Mean mom! What?? Um...seems like every year is a total party! He is such a happy and great kid! I blame his mother (wink)! You did a wonderful job with the cake! It will make the year unforgettable! Well done Monica! Hope you have a fabulous day! -Suzanne
We are an every other year party family also!
Darling Cake!
Post a Comment