Tuesday, June 2, 2009

{It's all about RED}

If I had to pick a favorite color, it would have to be RED. Not that don't like other colors, I just like red a little better than all the others and I don't like red for everything, but most of the time I love it. Almost every room in my house has red in it, and my kitchen walls have been red in all 3 of the houses we've owned. I love it!
Well, I've been desperately needing change in the hair department. I've had the same cut (with little variations) for at least 2 years, and that is an eternity for me, but I just haven't been able to come up with anything I like better. My solution? Add some funky RED highlights....Wahoo! Can I just say I love that my littlest brother married a beautician? Katy is the best and I've always been happy with whatever she does, and this time was no exception!

Not the best picture I know, but at least you can see the actual color. Ignore the funky sweeping hairline cowlick, sometimes I can work with it and others, not so much! Anyway, just imagine that you can see all the other highlights spread throughout all my hair.

So of course my toes have to match my hair now, right? Lisa, my super sweet sister did acrylic glitter toes for me today, in you guessed it RED! I think they turned out pretty dang good for a first time, practice trial run. Don't you? I actually can't believe she did them for me. She hates feet and I know it was driving her crazy!
Yea for small changes!

11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Marilee said...

Way so cute!!! I LOVE hair day!!

misti said...

I love the color in your hair!!! That's one of my favs. Your toes are super cute too. Can't wait to see you tomorrow :)

TLC said...

I'm with ya girl! My toes have been rockin some SERIOUS red nailpolish.

LOVE the hair and I have my dining room in Red. I LOVE it!!!!

Twinners in style!!!!!

Shalise said...

Cute hair, I like the color! Love the glitter toes: I have some too.. They are fun for the summer time.. I love the color red as well.. hope all is well..

Mel said...

I love the red hair and toes! I too have a thing for red! I wish I could do that with my hair!

Me said...

I'm sitting here trying to decide what to do with my hair myself. You must have ESP or something. I love the color (both hair and nails).

And isn't is so fun to be pampered?!

Ann Marie said...

Good job Katy and Lisa!!

You know we are twinners with the Red. I didn't realize that it's in almost every room in my house too..

My toes have had red for like 4 years.. never any other color.. but then recently I changed them to a coral color, and I like it too.. Maybe hot pink next?

Leslie said...

I'm with Lisa. I HATE FEET!! But I love how cute they look. ;) Cool hair! It's always fun to go more funky.

Suzanne said...

Look at you Ms Bold! Very Sassy! I think I need to paint my toe nails NOW! I hope you get lots of compliments on your hair and toes! -Suzanne

Lisa said...

You already know that I love your hair, and red is so your color! Hopefully your toes last ok since I haven't done acrylic in years!

Heather said...

I love your hair. I bet it looks super cute from the front.

I love the color red too. It was one of my wedding colors.