The last few weeks for us have been....busy, busy, busy! Because of that, a few things have been neglected, namely my blog and my house. I've been trying to work on the house this morning and it's time for a little bloggy break to share a few of the things we've been up to lately.
The Race for a Cure

I finally got our pictures off my moms camera. Unfortunately, the group shot we took with my Aunt and cousins turned out really dark, darn it!

Lis and I always have such a great time together, and this weekend was no exception. I laughed until I cried (I wish I could share the pictures of Lisa's fantastic PJ's, but she made me swear I wouldn't) and we shopped until I was ready to cry (I have a time/patience limit when it comes to shopping) and it was just fun to spend a little girl time with my momma and my sis, and of course my dad too. I have to say dad was a good sport and didn't complain about the shopping at all!

Both Brock and Kaleb are playing on a coach pitch team this year, and their dad is the coach, which makes me the team secretary! So, we've been busy with games and practices and such.

Carlie thinks baseball games are the best and runs all over the place and just can't understand why she can't go out on the field with "my boys".
- Yard Work
I think the biggest drawback to building a new house is starting a yard from scratch! We've been in our house for two and a half years now and I'm still overwhelmed by the yard.....there is just SO much to do! We put the lawn and a few trees in two summer ago, but that's as far as we got, no flowers, shrubs, bushes etc. I think this is the year that's going to change and we've done a lot in the last few weeks, and we spent the entire day yesterday working on things.
My mom got a set of these washtub containers at a yard sale last year. She gave me one, and I loved it, but didn't have a place for it. Well, with a few holes drilled in the bottom, it makes a pretty cute planter.

Derrick brought this old broken down wagon home when we lived in Santaquin. We've moved it with us at least 4 times and Derrick tried to chuck it every time. I finally planted some flowers in it, and I'm glad I made him keep it. Unfortunately the planters are the only things that have flowers right now, since we still need to get the sprinklers in the flower beds, but we are working on it!

An old wheelbarrow made into a cute planter, it also doubles as a nice shady spot for Licorice the kitty.

This old wash tub was my Grandma's. I claimed it awhile back, but it's been sitting out behind my parents house for quite awhile waiting for me to come get it. What a cute planter it finally made! I'm pretty sure the weeds still out-number the flowers, but I am making an effort.

We took a break from yard work to have a BBQ at Gram & Papa's. Derrick drove the four wheeler with the new yard trailer hooked to it and all the kids just had to have rides. They ended up filthy, so he brought them home to spray them off and ended up filling the trailer with water. They thought it was the best thing ever...silly boys!

The little girls found the ideal spot to eat their ice cream cones.
Are you all as busy as we've been? I always things things will slow down as summer comes, but instead it's crazy for us. We've also had the kids school program (not one of my pictures turned out), a quick visit from Ann and her family, the end of school stuff, Bunko and Derrick's been busy with the town park, among other things. Hopefully things will slow down soon and I can get caught up!

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
First of all, it's a DANG good thing you didn't put my pj pic on here... I would have KILLED you! I do need to get all those pics though :) Your yard is looking SO good! There is nothing better than a good day of yard work! LOVE IT!!!
Well first off I am very curious as to what Lisa's pj's looked like!?!? Lol. I love all your pics. You should come and do my yard when you're done with yours! Your flowers are so pretty. You are very creative with stuff like that. I'm not so I just leave it all to Jason. Not very nice of me, huh? I think summer gets busier for most of us. One day at a time!!!
I forgot about the Pj's! ha-ha
The flowers all look great. We are all overwhelmed.. starting from scratch or not. I would go to town if I had more $$, but alas.. I don't. The side of my house has weeds the size of my kitchen table.
I tell Chad they are bushes. :)
Thanks for letting us drop by and for always FEEDING our crew. You are a great BFF and I am always exited to come! Tell Lisa the Check is on the way! It's always so fun to shop at Lisa's bow boutique! :)
I love your shirts for the race and I love the wheelbarrel with the flowers! So pretty!
I love your race shirts. That is so neat that you do that as a family.
And I think your flowers look awesome. We are in the same boat as you-our yard has been done for a couple of years and we are just starting to plant trees and flowers. Like everything else in life it's just a work in progress.
I feel so bad that I missed the race this year! Next year I will be there for sure.
Your matchy t-shirts are so cute! I LOVE your creative planters...they are fabulous! :)
Yay for shopping time with your fam! And doing the race! You go girl!
I love the picture of Carlie at the baseball game. Too cute.
I love the things you used to plant flowers in. Darling.
I am so glad you got to see Ann and her family. How fun!!
I bet the boys had a blast in that trailer full of water!! I would have loved that as a kid.
I LOVE the picture of the boys in the muddy water! All of the missing teeth!! That is just way too funny. ;) Cute kids.
Post a Comment