National Chocolate Chip Day!
Wow, who knew chocolate chips had their very own day? I'm not sayin' they don't deserve it or anything, I was just surprised when I heard that. In honor of this great holiday, I thought I'd share one of my favorite (and most easy) recipes that features chocolate chips (it's their day, they deserve to be bolded).
** Fall Harvest Bars**
(don't let the name fool you, they're great in the summer and winter too)
1 yellow or white cake mix
1 yellow or white cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
1/2 cup Skor toffee bits (I use more like umm, 3/4 a cup or even a whole cup)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (more of these yummies too)
Heat oven to 350. Mix cake mix, egg and oil with a spoon (not a mixer). Stir in candy and chocolate chips. Press dough in greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake 14-20 min. (in my oven it's 18 min.) until light golden brown around the edges. Cut into bars and serve.
Seriously could it be any easier than that? It takes more effort to drive to the nearest grocery store (which is 7 miles away and in the next town) to buy cookies than it does to make these babies and they are YUMMM! At least in my opinion and they make my house smell scrumptious. Go ahead, try them, I dare you, then let me know what you think!
Heat oven to 350. Mix cake mix, egg and oil with a spoon (not a mixer). Stir in candy and chocolate chips. Press dough in greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake 14-20 min. (in my oven it's 18 min.) until light golden brown around the edges. Cut into bars and serve.
Seriously could it be any easier than that? It takes more effort to drive to the nearest grocery store (which is 7 miles away and in the next town) to buy cookies than it does to make these babies and they are YUMMM! At least in my opinion and they make my house smell scrumptious. Go ahead, try them, I dare you, then let me know what you think!
Happy National Chocolate Chip Day!
P.S.~ I have officially decided, I am doing preschool next year. I hung up my signs today and I must admit it made me a bit nervous. Thank you all for you input and suggestions! I'm sure I'll have many, many more questions.
P.S.~ I have officially decided, I am doing preschool next year. I hung up my signs today and I must admit it made me a bit nervous. Thank you all for you input and suggestions! I'm sure I'll have many, many more questions.


9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Sahweet!! FIRST!!
If it wasn't almost 11:00 at night, I would go make some of these right now! Yummers!!! I have never heard of them, and I keep all of these ingredients on hand.. so THANK YOU! When I need a potluck dessert quickly.. I now can try something new!!
Sorry I missed you tonight!
Have a happy weekend! LOvE yA!
Hey Monica I need your email address so I can ask you a question...
I had no idea there was a national chocolate chip day. I'll have to try this recipe sometime. It sounds way yummy!
Are you kidding me?!?!? They have their own day and i had no clue! Oh my goodness this is a great thing. chocolate chip cookies are my favorite!
*sighs* I must render this and go buy some chocolate chips cookies with m&ms!
Man, what bummer...had i known, i would have sported around a t-shirt to celebrate! LOL
Thanks for the imput!!!
I think you will do great with preschool! And your treats sound yummy. I will have to try them :)
Chocolate SHOULD have its own day!! I'm so glad you are taking the plunge and pursuing your dream!
Ice Cream Cones also have their own day. I can check on that date for you if you want!
Happy National Chocolate Chip day to you!! I so want to try this recipe. It sounds so yummmy.
That is so awesome you are going to be doing preschool. You will be great!
Post a Comment