Sunday, May 3, 2009

{Sunday, Bloody Sunday}

Who would have thought when we left for Church this morning that we would end up in the ER? Carlie tripped as she was walking down the hall and hit her head on a chair, not even on anything sharp, just the chair. It was a pretty deep cut, but not very big and I was surprised how little it bled. If it would have been anywhere but on her face, I probably wouldn't have taken her in, but we didn't want her to have an ugly scar.

It's kind of blurry, but you can kind of see how deep it was.

Showing off her hospital bracelet.

Just being her darling little self while waiting to get stitched up.

I was amazed at how little she cried and how good she was.....until it was time for the numbing shots, they must have hurt a bit and then she got really scared. I felt so bad holding her down while she was crying to try and keep her still. She ended up with 2 stitches and was pretty happy to get out of there. We stopped in to see Derrick's grandma Stevens, who is in the extended care at the hospital, for a minute and then made a quick stop and got her some cute band-aids so hopefully she'll keep it covered!

She wouldn't let me tke a picture of the stitches themselves, only of her Dora band-aid.

11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Lisa said...

Oh, cute little Carlie Q. I felt so bad since I was standing right by her when she was falling and it was so quick I just couldn't catch her. I couldn't believe how there was an instant hole in her head! It was crazy. Maybe I'll have to get her a "taffy taffy" tomorrow... oh wait, I was going to anyway :)

Nancy Face said...

Oh, no! Poor little Carlie! That must have been so hurt-y and scary.

She is soOOo adorable! :)

Suzanne said...

Monica,

Ann told me about this yesterday and I felt soooo bad! Had flashbacks to the ER myself when Shae cut her chin open. Crazy Carlie, she definately keeps you on your toes! -Suzanne

~Sheri D~ said...

Oh my! Poor Carlie and poor Mom. It's so hard to watch when your kids are in pain. Hopefully she's feeling all better today.

We will try to stop by sometime this week.

Marilee said...

Oh my gosh! That makes for a good story. I hope she is healing fast and that the stress of that situation is calming down.

Ann Marie said...

I saw this on facebook for a quick second yesterday and I was like " what the??" Is this stitches week or what??

She is the pretttiest little ER patient. :) That one of her showing her ID is adorable!!

Her head is EXACTLY-EERILY what Christians head wound looks like. Even that same triangle.. Kinda weird.

Glad she was a brave girlie for you! Not really a day of rest though huh???

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

What an exciting day at church. She is still really cute though.

Gary and Alycia said...

Oh poor girl!! I am sure she was the cutest patient in the ER though!

TLC said...

Okay. How rockin cute is your little girl and in the oh so fabulous church outfit???
Even if she is at the hospital, poor thing! Man, who knew church chairs could be so mean :(

I am LOVING her flower in the hair.
Did you make that or buy?

Okay, Mo. I will be home most of tomorrow or today when you get this message so...I'm going to call. *fingers crossed*

Heather said...

She is such a doll. I love the curls. Poor little thing.

Kristen said...

Poor little girl! I don't blame ya for doing stitches. With a boy it wouldn't have really mattered either, of course Jake tells my boys that chicks dig scars!