Some of our friends had plans to go camping this weekend and invited us along. But, seeing as how it was Jamboree week and it's busy at the garage, we figured there was no way to fit it in. Well, their plans changed at the last minute and they were camping a lot closer, Derrick ended up getting Saturday off and we got to go.... Yippie! We ended up just going over to Kanosh canyon Saturday morning and meeting Brandon and Christie's family and James and Kami and their family. James is Derrick's cousin and they have been best friends forever and Brandon is a friend from high school. Since it was a last minute thing, I was rushing trying to get everything packed. I made the boys a list of what they needed, and told them to go pack their bags. The list included pants, shirts, socks, EXTRA SHOES, etc. We got there, set up, spent the day riding four-wheelers and hanging out. The kids (between us all there were 9 kids and ours were the oldest) played really well together and had a lot of fun. There was a creek pretty close to our camp and we kept telling the kids not to go down there. Well, Kaleb didn't listen and went down the steepest way he could find and slid into the water. Thank goodness the water wasn't moving fast and there wasn't all that much, but his shoe got stuck in the mud and came off. (Here is where the mean, mean mommy part comes in). We told him he needed to find his shoe. He look for 5 min. or so, and just kept getting more upset with us for making him look. For some reason, it was cracking me up so I got out the camera and set it on video, mean I know. But really, it was funny! Finally we gave up and let him get out, but he never did find his other shoe. When I showed him the video, he looked at me and said "You better NOT put that on your blog!" I told him I was indeed planning on it and he gave me a dirty look and yelled "YOU are a MEAN, MEAN Mommy!" Maybe I am, but I couldn't help it, for some reason, it's hilarious to me! especially when he yells, "You could get in the truck and go buy me some shoes," and "What if a water snake bites me?" Oh, did I forget to mention that the one item on the list he failed to pack happened to be EXTRA SHOES? Yep, he spent the entire next day without any shoes!
Other than the shoe incident we had a fun time, and it was nice to get away and have a BREAK!

6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
That is the FUNNIEST thing ever!!! I am still laughin my butt off! What a mean, mean, mommy you are... and here I let you watch my kids! So what are you doing to my kids and videoing??? Haha, just kidding!
You are the coolest mom EVER!! That was HILARIOUS!! I was dying laughing and so greatly documented! Brilliant!! -suzanne
I bet he will keep better track of his shoes for now on and I bet he wont forget next time to pack an extra pair. He will learn from this.
Yes!! Mean Mom's unite!!
I was laughing too! Way to video!
You need to save it and show him when he's 18.. He'll LOVE that!
Just like Heather said.. sometimes you have to be mean, or they'll never learn! If you would have just jumped in the truck and bought him new shoes, would he have learned a lesson? Nope! Way to be Monica.. Way to be!
Way too funny!! Not only do you need to show him when he is 18 you need to have it on his wedding video.
Ok...so I watched the video a couple of days ago and laughed so hard. Well today has been kind of a stressful one. So...I came back to watch the video again! It just helps to know that I'm not the only mean mom out there!!!
Post a Comment