I love me a good day at the lake! I DO....(I know what some of you are thinking), but I truly do. We decided to head over to Yuba lake on Wed afternoon. Brock was at scout camp so we invited my nephew Bryson to come with us. As we cruised around the lake, played and enjoyed the day I kept thinking how crazy it is that this girl who really has a phobia of the water really, truly loves being at the lake.
I love Carlie's glee full giggle and that she always wants dad to hit the "bumpies". I love the fresh smell of the water. I love sandy feet (and other body parts). I love that the lake is only 35 miles away. I love the gentle rocking of the boat, as I watch the kids play on the beach. I love the coconut mango smell of our favorite sunscreen.
I love the"O crap" wide eyed look Bryson gets when he sees a big bump coming up. I love the sound of the ski flag whipping in the wind. I love the white capped swells as we ride out a windstorm, and the mirror glass of calmer waters. I love the quick detour to Nephi for yummy Mexican food at the end of the day. I love that the boys are so much braver than they were last year, and that they had a blast riding in the tube. I love the unexpected spray of water that takes your breath away (as long as it's not on my face). I love K's toothless grin. I love the silent ride home because everyone is exhausted from a fun filled day.
I love that he's my man, and that he loves every minute we spend on the lake, whether it's a good day or even the not so good days.


5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Those boys!!!
One day Carlie will get them back!!
I love that you LOVE the lake!
I have some pretty funny ones of us.. (he-he)
That is a GREAT picture you captured of Derrick. You can see the little boy shining through. Love it!
So glad you are enjoying the boat,and making lots of family memories!
I love me a good day at the lake too!!! So when are we goin??? Thanks for taking Bryson, he had so much fun, and it was fun for him that he got to have a special day with Aunt Mo and Uncle Derrick and the other kids didn't get to go. You guys are awesome for always being so willing to take us, and others out on the boat. Fun memories!
We just went to the lake last week with my parents and Kym's 3 boys. I know just how you feel. I very vividly felt the same thing last week!
I love how you said " I love" for all the little things. And I love...this post. I know what you mean when that spray of water comes up or when the wind picks up the smell of that coconut mango sunscreen and goes past your nose mixed with water.
You had a great day and it was awesome to read!
And the last picture...oh how i remember those days of my boy cousins...
Poor Carlie! Cute picture though!
I am glad you had a fun day at the lake. You are having a fantastic summer. Good for you!
Post a Comment