A camping we will go, off into the mountains- a camping we will go!
This last weekend was the annual Beckstrand family camp out! We go at different times every year, and each of us takes a turn being in charge and picking our spot, but every year we go and every year we have fun! This year it was my brother Shad and his wife Julia's turn and they chose...
Tropic ReservoirDerrick and the boys had been there before, but the rest of us hadn't. I was seriously wondering about their choice as we drove the entire way into a headwind. Once we got there and got settled it turned out to be a great spot, even though it was a bit chilly!

This was the first real camping trip we've taken in our new trailer, and I have to say it was a big improvement! I was especially thankful for the heater and the hot water. Brock spent the first night in a tent with his cousin Carson and everyone had their own beds and the extra room was spectacular. Carlie loves her bed and woke up both mornings with crazy hair. We all split up the meals and it was so great to only have to cook once, actually I just had to help a bit, since Derrick made omelets for us all, another thing that I think has become a tradition.

We all split up a bit on Saturday, part of us going on a hike and the other going down to the lake to fish. Brock and Kaleb both caught fish of differing sizes, and they were both happy with them. Derrick cooked them up and that was their lunch. (We probably wouldn't have kept Brock's but it swallowed the hook) We all split up again that afternoon, some of us napping, others reading, riding four-wheelers or playing games.

What sweet (but dirty) little girlies!
Tylie, Kamryn, Carlie & Addison

And the silly (and dirty) boys!
Kaleb, Brock, Bryson & Carson
My mom and dad have 4 grandsons, and then 4 granddaughters. Shad and Julia are expecting....wonder what the tie breaker baby will be?

The Entire Fam-Damily
Robert (aka Dad), Carlene (aka Mom) Shad, Julia, Kamryn, Bryson, Kyle, Katy, Brock, Tylie, Carson, Lisa, Jeremy, Kaleb, Addie, Mo, Derrick and Carlie

Derrick and I

Me and Lis

I really didn't want Carlie's cast to get all dirty, since she has to keep it on for 3 1/2 more weeks, so we wrapped it with and ace bandage. It still got a bit dirty around her hand, but for the most part it worked wonderfully!

And here we are all hooked up and ready to go home! That's quite the load wouldn't you say? I have the best family and I really love spending time with them.....I'm already looking forward to next year!

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I so want to go camping. I keep seeing all these posts on camping and I want to go bad! I am glad you had a great time!
That picture of Carlie in the morning, she looks just like you in the face. Wow!!
Yay!! You got the new camper out!! That is wonderful! Oh Carly and that little cast! I am so happy for you that you were able to spend time with your family! You rock! -Suzanne
I love all of the pictures of your trip! It gets me so exited to go camping! :)
That picture of you and Lisa is so cute.. even though you both look cute in glasses, it's fun to see you without them too!
I would love to go camping with you all! I bet it's fun!! :)
Crossing my fingers for the weekend!
I'm glad your camping trip was sucessful! All the fun times!
You're right... you do have the bestest family! Especially that sister of yours, you are seriously lucky to have her! hahaha :) We do have good times together don't we! The only thing better would have been for it to not be FREEZING!
You guys look way too good for camping!
What fun! I hope we go camping this summer! :)
Post a Comment