St. Patrick day has never really been a holiday that we celebrate, until this year that is! James and Kami invited us to dinner at their house, along with Brandon and Christie and all the kids. Before we went, the kids and I took my nephew Carson his birthday gifts. Every Christmas and Birthday when Cars asks me what I'm going to get him, I tell him a Barbie. A few weeks ago, he asked and got the standard answer. He told me I always say that, and that I was a liar, because I never actually get him a Barbie. Well, guess what his gift was this year????
You guessed it, drumroll please, a BARBIE! Think he'll be calling me a liar again?
After that we headed to dinner. On the menu.....
- Marinated Chicken (thankfully Christie forgot to color it green)
- Green Irish Soda Bread
- Green Mashed Potatoes and Green Gravy (really green gravy, that I just couldn't eat?)
- Green Salad
- Green Jello with Green Cool Whip
- Broccoli
- Green Beans
- Asparagus
- Green Slush &


8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
That look on Carsons face is priceless. Looks like lots of fun times for the Dearden family!
How fun!
Fun! We made shamrock pancakes for breakfast. I ate chocolate from Ireland (it's the truth and it was so dang creamy). I love St. Patty's Day.
How creative!! I would have passed on the green gravey too! -Suzanne
What a blast! I am LOVING all the awesome green food ideas! :)
Okay...maybe not the gravy. ;)
It all looked pretty good-except the gravy. I would have passed on that too (of course, I don't like gravy anyways). I thought of doing green mashed potatoes and chicken and stuff, but just thinking about it made me too tired! I'm glad you had a good time though. Yea for holidays.
LOL!! Love that you got him a Barbie. I bet he wont call you a liar again.
I am glad you had a fun St. Patrick's.
I love all the pictures!!
Did you get Carson anything else but a barbie? The look on his face is priceless..
Post a Comment