It's been too long since I've done a GRATITUDE post. I've been in a bit of a funk this week, I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm hoping that focusing on some of the things I've been blessed with will help me snap out of it! So in no particular order, I'm thankful for.......
- Our Extended Families~ This is the theme for the sharing time I've been working on for Primary tomorrow. We're going to sing a little song that goes like this;
I have a family tree with branches by the dozens. I have Grandpas. I have Grandmas. I have Uncles, Aunts and Cousins. When it's reunion time, No matter what the weather, It is such a happy day, When the fam'ly gets together.
I'm thankful for all our great family members, for their love and support. None of us get together often enough, but is a happy day when we do. Since we don't seem to get together very often, I'm also thankful for family blogs. I have loved getting to know more about some of our cousins through blogging. I know I've learned many knew things and love reading about their lives and hope they have learned new things about me!
- The Great Weather we've had~ I love the changing seasons, especially SPRING, it's my favorite! It's been so nice to sit and read a book and watch the kids play outside or break out the four-wheelers and go on a ride as a family! Yea for spring!
- Jordan Almonds & Dr. Pepper~ Yep, these yummys have made me happy this week!
- I am thankful to live where I do~ Not only do I live in a great little town where I'm surrounded by family & friends, but I feel like I live in a great country. Nothing makes you appreciate home, wherever it may be, as much as being away for a bit.
- Modern Technology~ What would I do without, phone, email, blogs, XM radio, the list could go on and on? All of these wonderful little gems can cheer me up when I'm having a yucky day!
- Primary Teachers~ Our ward made some changes recently that have thrown our little Primary way off balance (mostly a new Relief Society presidency that came entirely from our Primary)! I've spent countless hours thinking and praying about who we should ask to teach these classes and it's made me appreciate so much those who are not only willing to serve, but want to serve and teach the children in our ward!
- The Chevron~ Yep, I'm truly thankful for our towns one and only little store, mostly the fountain drinks, but also all the other little things that I tend to forget, that they usually have!



8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I LOVE your list!
Funny.. I was thinking about extended family relationships all day yesterday...
I hope by now the "funk" is gone..
I so missed you this week. That is the only thing that would have made my birthday PERFECT.
Way to go LISA!! I am happy she picked you up a copy..
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you friend.. Come up and spend a day with me one of these days...
I love the list! I especially think that lisa is a great sis to bring you Twilight. I got lucky yesterday myself as my husband went and bought it for me because I had the flu....I was laughing that he was proabaly the only guy in line for Twilight! Hope you enjoy your new movie! Julie
I'm thankful for family blogs to! Its one of my guilty pleasures! I love reading about what's going on in everyone else's families. And I've learned so much about all my cousins. I love it!
And maybe we should plan a get together for lunch one day with all the girl cousins. What do you say?
Monica!
I am so sorry that you have been in a funk. I too had the thought that you were definately missed on Thursday night.
I am so sorry about the Primary teachers being taken. I try so hard to really not touch the Primary, because I know how hard it is to get people for Primary callings.
Ah, one day I will have to stop at this Chevron. You make it almost seem magical and home town feel that the even the owner greets you as you walk in.
Thank you for sharing your gratitude list today. It was wondeful and you are just wonderful! I love ya Monica! -Suzanne
This is WAY amazing list! Monica, I'm lovin gettin to know you girl!
This list, on all of the above I can second and love that you highlight for this grateful list!
You know what...I have been thinking and I would LOVE to give you a call! I've talked Ann and Megans heads off countless times on the phone!
Would it be alright to call?
Luv ya girl! email at c.tierra@ymail.com to let me know!!!
I love your list. I was happy to get you your copy of Twilight :) I am also thankful for our family, we have the bestest!!! And I am with Kristin that we need a girl cousin lunch sometime soon. We should just make a quick run up and all meet up!
I always LOVE your gratitude posts. I need to follow your example and post my own!
Great post. I love gratitude posts. I should try one of these sometime.
I am so bummed I preordered my Twilight movie and I don't have it yet. Maybe tomorrow. I won't do that again. I could have bought it when I was at Walmart on Saturday.
Post a Comment