(I think I'm going to count this picture as my FLASHBACK FRIDAY, what do you think?)
Since today is my mom's birthday, and it just happens to be 08*08*08, I want to share 8 things that make my mom truly special!
- She is a hard worker. In everything she does, she does her BEST! She went back to college to get her teaching certificate when I was in high school. She had to travel to do this and spent many late nights on the road or studying. She also worked full time and still had time for all of us! She is a great teacher and truly loves her students.
- She loves my kids, ok, all her grand kids. Just last night she was saying she missed them, it's only been a few days since she saw them? She loves my hubby, and all the in-laws, for who they are. Actually she just TRULY loves family!
- She is compassionate and caring and had taught me to serve. I see this everyday, but I really saw this when she was the Relief Society President and also, when she served in the Young Women's.
- My mom has a strong Testimony of the Gospel, and has taught me this by example throughout my life.
- She is a good listener. She just listens, and sometimes she gives advice, but only if she knows we want it. She lets us do things our way, even if she doesn't agree, she never makes us feel guilty or pressures us to do it her way.
- We have so much fun on girls trips. It's a lot of work to get all of our schedules to match so we can do this, but once we do IT'S WORTH IT!
- By example, my mom taught me to be a good wife and mother. She and my dad are a team, and a pretty good one I must add!
- My mom is TRULY one of my very best friends~ I'm not just saying that....I really mean it! Happy Birthday Mom!


5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Who doesn't LOVE Aunt Carlene? She is very spe
cial and I think she has pretty special children and grand children! You really are blessed to have such a wonderful mom. I sometimes envy the devotion she shows to her grand children!
She seems like a really neat lady. You're lucky to have such a special mom. I love the picture too, she was/is beautiful. Happy Birthday to her!
I agree with everything 100% !!! I am so glad that we live so close to be able to do so many fun things together as a family.
Amen to everything you have said!
What a cool day that she gets the 8-8-08! Beautiful Picture!!
I've always told you that your Mom reminds me of Caroline Ingalls. :)She is always so sweet and kind to everyone. She seems to always try to be fair with everyone and everything. She was always soo nice to me, even though she had only met me a few times.
Your a lucky girl to have been born into such a great family!
Happy Birthday Carlene!!!
What a great picture of your mother. What a wonderful post.
Post a Comment