This last week brought a few more surprises for all of us. Mostly they were great, but one....well not so much! Derrick had to go to Delta on Friday and sit at the Dearden Equipment booth at the trade show that goes along with the county fair. He came home with the coolest rolling/sliding racks for our food storage. He got one for veggies, one for soups and one for mac n' cheese. I was glad he got a brochure for the guy who makes them, because I definitely want some more. He also brought me a box of Girls Scout Thin Mints....AWWW, what a sweetie! I am savoring each and every cookie.

Yesterday we FINALLY ran to Provo to get our school shopping done (that was an event in and of itself, lets just say, it was stressful). I stopped in at the post office on the way out of town and my new
2008~Winter/Fall Collection Stampin' Up! Catalog was here! YIPPEE! YAHOO! Can you tell I was excited about that? I couldn't wait to check it out, but for some reason Derrick wanted me to drive, so I waited in suspense till Payson and then couldn't take it anymore and made him take over. Of course I have a list now of more things I want. There are some really cute things, and I'm loving the In Colors for this year. You should peek at the catalog online at
http://www.stampinup.com/ or I can get you a book if you want to buy one or just look at one, there are so many cute ideas in it! Look how cute the scallop edge is, I just love it.

When I got home last night there was a box on my porch with the new Breaking Dawn book. I really should have just ordered it, but I kept putting it off? Well Sheri beat me to it and got it for me! Thank you, Thank you! Yea for Vampires and some quiet reading time!
Speaking of vampires....(here comes the surprise I was NOT so excited about). The kids were playing outside Thursday night and Kaleb came in and told us he thought he found a bat. Ok, whatever buddy, are you sure it isn't a bird? (I think those may have been Derrick's exact words). So we follow him out and sure enough on the sawtooth border of our brick on my front porch is a
BAT! The border is only about 1-2 inches off the porch and we had 5 kids out there playing. As I'm telling the kids to get away, Derrick is sending one of them for a jar??? Of course he would have to get a stick and get close to it, to get it in a jar.
Crazy man! All of us had to take turns checking it out, including me.....creepy yet fascinating creatures, I have to say. I just knew one of the kids were going to drop that jar and we would be off for rabies shots in the stomach. After an hour or so, he let it go and after sitting on the sidewalk for a bit it just flew away. Thanks for the visit, Mr. Bat, but please don't return or send your friends!
Sorry the picture isn't so great, but well, I wasn't getting any closer!
11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I like the can thingy. You'll have to tell me how much they are. And you'll have to write your review on Breaking Dawn. I'm glad that Ann finally read them! No so glad about the bat though. We would get a houseboat in Lake Powell and I could hear them flying over us at night (we would sleep on the top) and that drove me crazy-I can only imagine seeing one on my front porch!
I grew up with bats in the attic (it was fun). Where is Derrick getting Girl Scout cookies this time of year!?! Lucky!
I love surprises, you know that! I still need to get the brochure and look at it so I can pick out what I can get when I am rich (whatever)! I am glad that I didn't see the bat, they creep me out, but my kids sure loved it. I can't wait to look at the whole stampin' up ctlg. How fun!!!
I love days like that! Little surprises that make you smile! We had a bat friend at girls camp, but he died! I felt so bad! Happy Reading on Breaking Dawn. Curious to see your review! And where did he get Girl Scout Cookies, this time of year! What a lucky little treat! I love those things! -Suzanne
You forgot to mention that you finished the book! One day was it? I don't know how you can do it... Thanks for calling today! Sorry if I talked your ear off today..
I love all of your surprises! Except for the bat.. Maybe you'll have to fill in that part of the brick so he doesn't think it's his home. :(
I'm just finishing the third book and getting ready to start Breaking Dawn. Who ever thought I'd be into reading? I've always hated it. What a sweet friend to get a copy for you. You can spray for bats ya know. My Mom had to spray for the same reason. They love the brick and rock on the houses. EEEWWW Yuck!!
I think bats are cute but I wouldn't if they were hiding in the front porch of my house. Scary!
I love the new background!
Very cute!!!
I want a day like that! I never get good suprises like that...especially not all in one day! My suprise day was yesterday and it went more like: I found a pair a poopy panties behind Allie's bedroom door, then some poop under Allie's bed (all from a little girl I was watching), I stepped out into my garage and had a black widow drop from it's web right in front of my face, Jake got stung by a bee twice and was swollen for 2 hours, my neighbor kids were playing inside our home for quite some time and when I said "okay! Time for friends to go!" they said "our mom said you were babysitting us while she went to Salt Lake with her sister", and at soccer practice later that same evening...a snake slithered across my foot and Allie peed on the slide and was soaking wet with urine when she climbed on my lap to tell me what she did!
I want GOOD suprises!!!! You lucky lady!!
And we are waiting for your review on Breaking Dawn! Love the new background! -Suzanne
Can you tell me the guys number of web page for those rack things. Those would be awesome! That bat thing would have given me the little heebie creepies too!!!
Post a Comment