In honor of Derrick's birthday today, I thought I would share with you thirty-something reasons why I love him!
~ Derrick makes me laugh, usually at him!
~ He works hard so I can stay home with our kids. Right now Derrick is working 3 jobs, and he does his best at everything he does.
~ My man grows pretty grass. Really, I don't know what he does, but our grass always looks really good.
~ He's honest.
~ Derrick loves to travel and because of that we've been some pretty cool places. We sure do miss Skywest!
~ He's not scared of things, such as....bats on my house, giant spiders with babies on their back, snakes, my "look".
~ He will always be able to help our kids with Math homework!
~ He loves me for me.
~ and he loves me even if I can't load a boat or back a trailer.
~ He supports me in the things that are important to me.
~ Derrick worked really hard to get through school and he did it with no debt!
~ He is a good explainer of things, to both me and the kids.
~ Derrick likes to have fun.
~ Derrick makes me want to be a better person.
~ Derrick has built our family two beautiful homes and I must say, he did a spectacular job!
~ He not only built me a nice house, he put two laundry rooms in, just for me... and he doesn't complain when I don't use them as much as I should.
~ He built our current (and hopefully) last house in my favorite little town ever, one house away from his in-laws!
~ From him I have learned MUCH about cars, trucks ,rims, tires, boats and ATV's.
~ We have the best talks as we are driving late at night after the kids fall asleep.~ He is super good with money and helps me to be good with money too!
~ Derrick is a FANTASTIC Dad!
~ He sent me to Bermuda with my sister for a week, and did a great job with our kids. Then 2 months later did it all over again while I went to Girls camp!~ While I was at camp, he and a friend built a beautiful fireplace and chimney.
~ Derrick gets me to try new things and makes me be more spontaneous.
~ He chose a profession not because of the money he would make, but because he wanted to make a difference.
~ He knows I need "girl time" every so often.
~ Derrick isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, or his face, or well, he's just not afraid to get dirty!
~ Derrick is the first one to pitch in and help when something needs done.~ He can fix pretty much anything, and if he can't he "rigs" it. That's the Dearden in him :)
~ He makes the yummiest omelets.
~ HE'S MY BEST FRIEND! He has been for the last 14 years and I'm looking forward to many more great years and memories with him!
Happy Birthday Babe, I hope you have the bestest of days, because you deserve it!

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Happy Birthday Derrick!!
I've never met Derrick, but Happy Birthday! If you can make you happy-thats all the matters and it seems like he does!
Oh friend...
The very first picture of Derrick gave me the giggles. It is so him. So funny!
Amen to EVERYTHING you said!
One thing I could add, is Derrick is so easy going, he can get along with anyone! ~ Even some of my ex's. :)
I saw the jeep picture, and it made me want to jump inside! I miss some stuff from the old days!
After reading your list, our husbands ARE alot alike. You would think they could be related!
Loved you list, and tribute!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DERRICK!!
Happy Birthday to Derrick! Because Monica talks to highly of you, you MUST be one incredible guy! -Suzanne
Great pictures! Happy Birthday Derrick! That is a definite Yes to the Big Rock night out, lets get a night planned.
What a great husband! He has a great wife too! Tell him happy birthday!
So, I like the cards on the sidebar.. I think they are pretty cute!! Who's this chick?
We think our daughter is one lucky girl to get such a great husband and father. He's been a wonderful addition to our family.
Happy Birthday to your hubby. You really pointed out a lot of his qualities. I am glad you have him.
Post a Comment