Thursday, September 9, 2010

{15 YEARS}

Today it's been 15 years since Derrick and I were married! How could that be? It seems like just yesterday, and yet I feel like we've been together forever.

I know you are all dying to know some new things about us, so I'm going to share!-I think it's one of Derrick's goals in life, to make me live outside my comfort zone and learn to enjoy it. Whether it's taking a four-wheeling trail that I'd really rather not drive or learning to enjoy being on the boat and even in the water, I've come along way! And most of the time, I do enjoy myself!

-Derrick is a hard worker and he gives everything he does 100%! No matter if it's teaching the kids at school or mechanic work at the garage or just things around the house, he's always busy! A teacher was the last thing I would have imagined Derrick growing up to be when I married him. In fact, I thought he was kidding when he told me that's what he'd decided on, and I laughed. Not only did he go on to finish his degree in Education, he got his masters too....and I must admit, is a pretty great teacher!
-Derrick makes me laugh....at him, at myself or just in general!
-Derrick is silly, which makes me laugh!
-Derrick is very supportive of me and the kids. He supports me in things that may not be important to him, but he knows they are to me, and that means a lot to me!
-Derrick is my traveling partner. He worked for the airlines to put himself through school. As a result, we've had the chance to travel to places we otherwise wouldn't have been able too. There's no one else I'd rather have those memories with!
-When Derrick decided to do something, he does it and always does it well. He's built our family two beautiful homes. I was terrified when he decided he wanted to sell our home in Santaquin, build a new home and be the general contractor on that home. That was a learning experience for both of us (I even learned to cut brick and install hardwood floors), but one of the most important lessons I learned was to trust in my husband and his abilities!
-Derrick and I are a team, and we work well together (most of the time).
-We have some pretty cute kids and Derrick is great dad!
-Derrick has skills! All kinds of them- house building, car fixing, you name it, my man can do it!
-Derrick is forgiving!
- We balance each other, especially when it comes to money. He has no problem spending, and I'm in love with finding a bargain! But Derrick always has a plan when he does spend money, and he follows through with that plan, usually paying everything off early!
-Derrick is spontaneous, and I've learned to adjust to his spontaneity and enjoy it!
-My life has been full of surprises these past 15 years, some of which include.... Lizards (which were brought home last night and are currently in my basement), snakes, bats, tarantulas, and toads, just to name a few. My man is always bringing home creepy crawly treasures!
- I can't say that these 15 years have been perfect and wonderful in every way, we've definitely had our ups and downs. But through each of those, we've grown together and I'm thankful for all of them! Happy Anniversary Babe!


11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

happy anniversary, you two are great. I hope you do something super fun!!!

~Sheri D~ said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a great post. And I know Derrick has just as many wonderful things to say about you. You two really are great for each other and have worked hard to build an awesome family!

TLC said...

Hey there! Those are AWESOME facts Mo! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

did you read Mockingjay yet? I wanna know what you thought forsure!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is sweet. Derrick sounds like a wonderful hubby!
Happy Anniversary.

Shalise said...

Happy Happy Anniversary- I still remember your wedding. You guys are cute, your right Derrick did a great job continuing on to get his masters My Grandpa Stevens would/is proud of him.. Hope your doing something fun :)

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Happy happy happy happy Anniversary.

WOW!!! 15 years, that's awesome!!!

I love all of the things you wrote. I think it's great that Derrick gets you to try new things and that he makes you laugh. I think you all will be very happy for a very long time. I think those two things are so important in a marrage. (but that's just me)

((HUGS))

Valerie said...

Happy Anniversary!

LKP said...

happy 15!!! isn't it crystal this year?

Marilee said...

Time is just flying by...marriage for 15 years, what's next? turning 40? Sheesh! You and Derrick are both such marvelous people!!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! I a bit late but better late than never! I love what you shared about him!

Leslie said...

Happy LATE Anniversary!! 15 years!! WOW! Congrats. :)