Monday, September 7, 2009

{Sunday Drive to Mayfield}

A few weeks ago we decided to go for a Sunday Drive. Derrick's been wanting to go check out Mayfield canyon without snow, ever since he snowmobiled there with his dad this past winter. We headed up the road and it started out pretty good, but it got rocky pretty fast, it was bumpy, but not bumpy enough to turn around. I had to laugh when Derrick said, it was a lot smoother when we were here. Ummm, really? Could it be that all the rocks were covered with SNOW? It really was a pretty drive, and I liked it even better when it connected with the Skyline Drive at the top and we had a much smoother ride down the mountain!

When we got almost to the top we ran into the prettiest little lake. It was really shallow and we couldn't see any fish, but the kids still had fun exploring.

My boys
Miss C
There may not have been any fish......but there were frogs!
What cute kiddos!
If only I could get one picture with all of them looking?
Carlie kept wanting me to, "Take just one more picture, mama!"
And then we had to have one of just the girls.
One of the many frogs the boys caught.
This one was so tiny and adorable, and fast! What a fun, memorable, Sunday family afternoon!


6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Leslie said...

We caught some little tiny frogs on our campout too!! So much fun. :) The kids are getting so big. Very cute.

Heather said...

I can't believe how much your little girl looks like you. She looks more and more like you every time I see her on your blog.

What a beautiful view. I am glad you got to go on that drive.

The frogs are so cute!

Ann Marie said...

I love sunday drives!
This one looks like it was really pretty! Where is it?

Did ya bring any frogs home with ya? Hope your days been great!

Marilee said...

Oh the family fun!

Nancy Face said...

Cute, cute pictures! I used to LOVE catching baby frogs! :)

Casowhat said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the frogs.... Hey did you guys loose one? There is one out in the freezer that is in the ground, out back of our house. Don't know how in the world it got there...lol