Friday, September 18, 2009

{Lovin', Hatin' & Sittin' the Fence}

Things I'm Lovin'.....

Clean wood floors! I love my wood floors, but I am horrible at keeping them mopped. Thankfully they hide dirt really well. Anyway, yesterday I spent the better part of the afternoon, moving all the furniture and rugs and cleaning them good, and I was exhausted. Yippee for clean floors!

Yea, isn't that candlestick gorgeous? Love it! Especially since my bestest friend, Ann gave it to me! It looks great between my piano and my red couch, and it makes me happy every time I walk by it!
Know what else makes me happy? Ann and her cute family stopped in to see us for a little bit on their way home Sunday. It wasn't long enough, but still it made me happy!
Carlie rockin' her cute haircut! She looks adorable and she sat so still for Aunt Katy! A bonus, it's my turn on Monday....nothing is better that haircut day!
How sweet is that lamp? Guess what, I got it at a yard sale today for $1....happy dance! Now I just need to find the perfect shade for it!
Fall! Yep, I love fall. The colors, the leaves, the cooler temperatures! Love it!

Things I'm Hatein'.....
Remember these adorable Easter chicks?
Well, 4 out of the 5 are ROOSTERS? and I'm hatein' them! I'm sick of the unwanted wake-up every morning from 4-11. Really? The sun isn't even up at 4! But I'm not sure what to do with them. Kill em or keep them in case we are quarantined to our houses because of a pandemic and need food? I'd have to be pretty hungry to eat them, but you never know?
Sheep (or Maa's, in Carlie speak)...... the neighbors sheep, who won't stay out of my yard! Seriously, I've chased them out of my yard 4 times today (it's only 2:00), and Derrick was late for work this morning because he had to chase them. They are eating my tree's, flowers and grass, not to mention pooping everywhere! I've had it, stupid stinkin' sheep!

Things I'm Sittin' the Fence on.....
The kids pet toads?!? Derrick took the kiddos on a four wheeler ride up the canyon, and they came home with these toads. The kids love them, and I do have to admit, it's fascinating to watch them eat ants, bugs and flys, but I don't know that I love them in the dining room?

The other fence sitting issue. There is a cocoon on the ceiling in my bathroom. I got up to potty in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. When I woke up I remembered seeing a Caterpillar in the bathroom? Hmmm, did I really or was it a dream? Well, I must have since there was now a cocoon on the ceiling. Now what to do? We have no idea what will come out of it, but my kids are fascinated by it and I have to admit I am too, but just a tiny bit. But it bugs me at the same time and then again the thought of squishing it or even touching it make me sick too? What would you do?

11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Yay!!!! I'm first!!!

Ann Marie said...

I love the things your loving!
Your floors look great! :)
I love where you put the candlestick.. the color of the candles.. carlies hair cut.. and seeing you on Sunday.. ~ And leaving with 3 boxes of clothes that have helped me out soo much!

The toads were cute little.. I don't think I'd want them big either.

And I so would either give people a rooster.. or eat it. You need some more hens-- then you can gift others with eggs if they need them too.

I am in L-O-V-E with the lamp! ~ And WOW.. $1.. so cool!
It depends where you put it..if it goes to Carly.. pink.. or black and white.. something like that.. if it was mine.. I would get big roses.. oh it's so lovely!
Good find friend!
Happy weekend!!
LOVE you!!

Jense Family said...

I am lovin Carlies new cut! What a cutie. What a fun post. I hate chickens so good for you having them in the first place.:)

Casowhat said...

Cute post!!! You are one of my favorite people in the whole world! You are such a fun mom...toads... rooster...cacoons...your kiddos with have great memories!!! Love your lovin things!!!

Casowhat said...

P.S. As for the Lambs.....I say we have us a mutton fry!

Kristen said...

Wow! Your house is never boring. My kids would love to live there. I am a mean mom and don't allow things like chickens, toad or cacoons. ;)

TLC said...

I LOVE your house and floors!!!
You did a great job! !! !
I like how you put red candles in your beautiful candlestick!

:) Loves ~!~

Carlene said...

Count me in for the mutton fry. I can bring some kind of salad - or Dad can do some dutch oven potatoes - what will you bring Mo? Do you think we should tell the neighbors who own the sheep?

Nancy Face said...

Your floors are beautiful! I pretty much ignore my brick floors until the Hubby Man gets disgusted and mops them, muahaha! >:D

Love the huge gorgeous candleholder!

I can't believe you found that sa-weet lamp for just a bone!

I would totally eat those roosters.

If I had a cocoon in my bathroom, I'd watch it every day while sitting on the throne to see what comes out of it! :)

Marilee said...

What to do? Move the toad into the boys room or garage, Let the butterfly/moth hatch and then let it outside.

I must say that your new home decor items are worthwhile!

I love hair day, too and Carlie's looks so dang cute!

Heather said...

I have to laugh about the 4 roosters out of 5. Too funny! I bet they wake you up! LOL!

I love where you put the candlestick holder Ann gave you.

I love Carlie's hair. What a cute cut!

Happy you found that pretty lamp for a $1. Wow!