I was really hoping once we got back to school and into the swing of things, life would slow down a bit. Well, guess what? It hasn't, actually I think it's been busier? Between homework and everything else we have going, it's been crazy round here.
I spent one day last week canning V8 juice. We don't drink it, but I use it in two or three recipes and everything I did last year is gone. I got 6 quarts and 9 pints and I really should do more.
Flag football season started for Brock a few weeks ago. That means two practices and a game each week. He is also taking tumbling, Karate and we have to fit scouts into the schedule too!
Our 15 year class reunion! Yea, that's one thing I'm glad to have over! I thought it turned out really well. It's always fun to visit with old friends and see what everyone is up to. Derrick has a group of his guys friends that he's stayed in touch with and we get together every now and then, so it's fun know their wives, and get to visit with them. Also, my brother-in-law graduated with us too, so my sister gets to come to my reunion. I hope everyone else had a good time!
We've been so busy, we haven't had time to play, but finally we found time to spend an afternoon at the lake this weekend. The kids had a blast exploring the rocks, caves and catching some pretty big lizards with dad, while mom enjoyed relaxing on the boat with a book.
Brock, Carlie and Derrick even swam a bit. Kaleb and I decided the water was a bit too cold, and were smart and stayed on the boat! On top of all that, I've got preschool (which is still going well), I'm tending my niece, Tylie, 4 days a week and training to be our little towns planning and zoning secretary (a job which will only be a few hours a month), oh and trying to get ready for our Primary program.
I have a feeling life isn't going to really ever slow down, but that's ok!


6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I feel your pain!! Truly, I feel your pain of being busy! -Suzanne
I think we are all feeling busy.. it must be the time of year.
Every day I think I'm going to call.. and then I get busy doing something and I don't!
I missed you saturday.. and FOR SURE your coming with me next time!
I'm glad your reunion went well! Does it feel like a load of weight has been taken off??
Hope to talk to you soon! Love you!
PS: Love the head shot on the boat! I think it's profile picture worthy!
you guys have been busy. Hey I was going to tell you that I am going to be giving Alycia a baby shower on the 10th of this month if anyone can come from down there. Invitations are on the way, I am just extremely slow. Pass the word and I was also going to call grandma to give her a heads up.
Sheesh, lady, slow down. Hee, Hee just kidding things just don't slow down (I know) we just have to keep up! Do you put seasonings or other veggies in your V-8 Juice?
Wow, you have been busy! I'm glad the reunion went well.
I have been really busy too.
Love the pictures of Carlie in the tumbling outfit and Kaleb in his PJs, too cute!
Wow, how do you do it all? Don't you have a flipping limit?!?!? LOL You amaze me!!
Post a Comment