Sunday, September 20, 2009

{FOUR!?!}

My baby turned FOUR today.....how did that happen?

We started two new traditions this year, and I think we'll keep them both. First, I made a "It's Your Special Day" bucket and filled it with some of Carlie's favorite things. Of course we had to have coloring books and crayons (she's a colorin' fool), Skittles, "Taffy Taffy's" or Airheads as the rest of us call them, a Tinkerbell Pez and a few other things. I also filled our picture ladder in our family room with pictures of Carlie. I thought it was a fun way to remember the past few years!
As you can see I went all out on the cake this year...or not! Star cupcakes on a two tired cake stand, Carlie thought it was great and it was super easy. I also made our favorite ice cream dessert for the grown ups.
All Carlie has been asking for was a "fishing cole" and Princess Polly Pockets. Of course she got both, and wouldn't you know they were the last things that she wanted opened up....isn't that the way it always works? Uncle Shad made her the cute balloon hat, that was a hidden talent we didn't know about.
What an adorable little gal she is, we sure love her!
Happy Birthday Carlie Girl!


8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

TLC said...

A Very Happy Birthday to an adorable Miss Carlie!

I remember Polly pockets!!! I had some myself. Cute job Monica!
Look out...four going on 16 :)

She's so pretty!

Misti said...

She is so adorable and I love her new haircut! I absolutely love the ladder idea and the bucket. Hope she had a fun Birthday :)

CB said...

What an adorable little 4 year old you have and what a cute mom you are to do so many special things for her.
I love the ladder with the pictures!
I just wanted to say "Hi". Thanks for visiting my blog. I have seen your comments on Ann's blog.
It's so fun to meet new people!

Suzanne said...

Holy Canoly she's 4?? Her hair looks so darling and it looks like you gave her a wonderful birthday. I am totally digging the bucket idea!! I will have to do that next year for the family! Hope things are well with you! -Suzanne

Marilee said...

She is FOUR already? I tell ya....where does the time go? However, life gets really nice with the littlest growing up. My "baby" will be 6 soon.

Heather said...

She is a doll! What a fun day for her. Way to go MOM!

Happy birthday Carlie!

Ann Marie said...

Awwww! So cute!
Love the new traditions. My kids have loved the birthday bucket.. and I'm glad we did it.

Her hair is cute. I am glad it was such a happy day!

The cupcakes look yummers!

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY CARLIE.

I just have to say...I LOVE her hair. How darling... :)did you use a curling iron??

Her cupcakes look so good. yum yum

also, I LOVE the picture ladder, did you make that? it is so neat.