Monday, November 22, 2010

{Surprise Vacation- Day 5}

Day 5- Once again at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Chip, or is it Dale? One of the Chipmunks anyway!

Thank you Mr. Walt Disney, for years of entertainment and
a fantastic Vacation. Love- The Dearden Family
My Goofy Boy
One of the longest lines we waited in was for Carlie to see the Princesses. Definitely worth every minute! She was blissfully happy- for sure one of the highlights of the entire trip!
and even the boys were happy to meet Ariel, not that they'd admit it!
Those smiles just melt my heart!
Mr. Mouse again!
One of the things my kids, ok we all enjoyed, was the Animation Academy in California Adventure. I honestly thought it was going to be awful, I may be crafty, but I can't draw. The instructor walks you step by step through drawing a character. The kids all did pretty good, even Carlie (I feel bad, they threw their papers away before I got pictures). Brock was super impressed with my Donald Duck, honestly, I thought it turned out pretty good for my lack of artistic abilities. He wouldn't let mine get thrown away...he carried it for the rest of the day, because he really wanted to bring it home!
Monsters Inc.
Kaleb is my little thrill seeker. He LOVED both Tower of Terror and California Screamer!
I had to laugh at my face as they counted down and got to ONE!
Rockin' the 3D glasses for Toy Story Carnival Games... one of our favorite rides!
$3.00 Coke? Totally worth it!
(told ya I got sunburned...my neck kinda matches my shirt?)
Carlie LOVED the Nemo Jellyfish ride!
Aren't they just the cutest kiddos?
Mickey Ferris Wheel.....
least favorite ride, but very favorite pictures!
We told each of the kids that right before we left they got to pick one souvenir to take home and to be deciding what they wanted. Kaleb made his decision as soon as he saw the Tigger pillow pet and never changed his mind. Carlie picked a princess Minnie. And, as usual, Brock had a horrible time deciding. After much deliberation, he settled on a Mickey Mouse hat!
Brock's Favorite- Tower of Terror
Kaleb's Favorite- California Screamer
Carlie's Favorite- Dumbo or Peter Pan


5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are such cute pictures! Looks like you had such a good time!
Every kids dream!

Valerie said...

Love all your vacation posts! We did a surprise trip to Disneyland for our kids one year~it was fantastic!
I'm gonna come back everyday and look at your pictures of warm California! :)

Ann Marie said...

Wow! That Donald is amazing!
I think it needs to be framed on your wall or something.. :)

I love Brock's face in the Ariel picture.. haha.. too cute!!

I also love the picture of YOU as California Screamin is about to launch! Oh-- just the thought of it gives me butterflies!

Love every picture.. and so did Mary.. hanging over my shoulder!

mCat said...

Pretty sure that is Chip. Dale is built just like Chris Farley. That's how I keep them apart.

The trip looks so mch fun! And a Tigger pillow pet? WHo knew???

Heather said...

We are trying to go to Disneyland before Ayla turns 3 because she will be free. That is what I want for Christmas! Looking at your pictures of your kids meeting the princesses. That is just one of the reason why I want to take Ayla.

Good job on Donald Duck! And you thought you couldn't draw!!!!

I hate the Mickey Fairs Wheel. I rode it 5 years ago on my honeymoon and we rode the in the cages that move. I scram every time!!

I love the things your kids chose!