Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{Gram & Papa's Punkin' Patch}

Every year, my mom and dad plant a section of pumpkins in the their garden for the grand kids. We all get together for a Family Home Evening and everyone gets to take home the pumpkin of their choice.

The Pumpkin Patch

and from another angle. I love it when the weather is nice, the kids can play and we can all just enjoy being together! This year my cute cousin Cami was spending the afternoon with my mom, so she got to be included in the fun too. Doesn't Kaleb make the best scarecrow?
All the kids take turns drawing a number to decide who gets to pick there pumpkin first. Cami may look confused.... Her number is one, but she is holding up two fingers??? She was just really digging the peace sign that night!
The Dearden Clan-aka, my kiddos!
Brock decided to go Elk hunting with his dad and miss out on the pumpkin fun. So, I picked him out a pumpkin and took a picture of it, all by it's lonely self!
The Teeples's Peoples-aka, Lisa's kiddos!
and last but not least, The Beckstrand Bunch- aka, Shad's girls and Cami!
What a great bunch of kids, all with their pumpkins!
and of course the silly picture (that's more realistic anyhow)!
After the pumpkin fun we all roasted hot dog and cooked tin foil dinners in the fire pit. I feel so lucky that both my brothers, my sister and our parents are all so close. I love that the kids are growing up together and I'm thankful for the the time we get to spend together! I also love that my parents do this and we don't have to go buy pumpkins!


5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

CB said...

I love the kids all laying down in a row with their pumpkins - How awesome!! Love this tradition :-D

Heather said...

What a cute pumpkin patch!! That is awesome! I wish I could have just grown enough tomatoes this year!

I love the pictures you shard of the kids, darling!!

Misti said...

How fun! Your family is awesome!!!

Ann Marie said...

I agree with Cherie!
Cute kiddos all lined up..
I just love your family! :)

Anonymous said...

So fun that you do this as a family! Your kids will remember these memories forever.