Sunday, November 7, 2010

{Surprise Vacation- Day 3}

Day 3 found us at Huntington Beach! I may not be much of a playin' in the water girl, but I L.O.V.E to be by the water. As we drove to the beach and came to the top of the hill where I could see the ocean, I admit, I was giddy. I love the beach atmosphere, sounds, smells.... really everything about it, minus actually being in the water!

Derrick rented a couple of boogie boards for a few hours and the boys were excited to try them out.

and when I say boys, that does include Derrick!
Mr. Brock, hangin' out on the beach! My boy is growin' up.... I'm amazed at how old he's starting to look in pictures!
This is the extent of Miss C's boarding bravery. Actually, she didn't get more than her feet wet the entire day and she's my water girl? She was POSITIVE that the sharks were going to get her and was completely content to play in the sand!
All the boys spent some time in the water....
while the girls enjoyed the sun and the sand.
(I enjoyed more sun than everyone else, and got BURNED dang it!)
Carlie and her Daddy!
This tiny little crab made Kaleb's day.... Kaleb + Critters (lizards, crabs, bugs) = BLISS!
Case in point, the only thing on his Christmas list this year is a Bearded Dragon Lizard? Heaven help us!
We took a little walk down the pier. Kaleb went to stand by this bird so I could take a picture and it got his shirt in it's beak.... wish I would have been quick enough to catch that picture!
When Derrick and I went on our cruise a year or so ago. The taxi driver took us down to the wharf to the fresh seafood market where we had the yummiest food. We wanted to take the kids back there, but after much unsuccessful driving we thankfully stumbled upon a similar little joint. Brock the seafood king was in heaven. While he enjoyed his shrimp and crab... Derrick and I feasted on swordfish and coleslaw! I'd have to say it was worth all the driving!


8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

TLC said...

vacation are the BEST! but when they are "surprise" vacations...heaven help me LOL

YOU my dear had pink toes!!! i loved it! but I so sorry you got burned :( that is a major downer. your kiddos are def. growing up and i too get giddy every time i sea the shoreline...it's kinda funny, but also with each beach trip i take, i get more braver in not worrying what people think of me in a swim suite.

Ann Marie said...

Love the beach pictures!
~ And can I say.. JEALOUS that you had fresh sea food!!
Why haven't I done this???
Next time for sure!! :)

Miss Megan said...

I needed to see these beach pictures today...Daylight Savings always KILLS me in the fall. It officially means summer is over. Maybe I can convince Mike to take me out for some seafood this weekend. YUM!

P.S. It's a good thing you didn't go to the beach with me! I would have dragged you kicking and screaming into the water! :)

mCat said...

Awwww the beach! Slightly jealous over here......

Leslie said...

So much fun! :)

Marilee said...

Yay for a fun vacation!!

By the way, bearded dragons are great pets! We have a lizard at our house and they are pretty easy to take care of (but I'm the kind of gal that would welcome a 5 ft python for a pet, too). A long as you have access to a pet store with crickets and mill worms you will be just fine!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! It makes me think that I need to take my family somewhere.

Heather said...

I am glad the weather was so nice for you guys!! I would think it would have been cold! How fun!!!