A few weeks ago, ok, really it was almost a month ago, but a few weeks sounds better, so I'm goin' with it... I had the chance to go on a little girls getaway weekend to Bear Lake. I have to be honest, of course I was excited, but I was more nervous, like so nervous I really wasn't sure I wanted to go. Why? Well, out of the 10 gals going I really only knew two in real life. The rest I knew through their blogs, but lets face it, how many of us put the real us out there on blogs? I'm not saying we completely mis-represent ourselves, but there is a LOT that gets left out. A lot you aren't willing to share with the world. So, I was a bit apprehensive about the whole trip. Not to mention that it fell during Derrick's elk hunt, so I had to have other people helping with my kids.
Anyhow, I picked up Ann (my BFF, who made everything much more comfortable) and Heather (a friend, I worked with at the airport years ago) and we headed off to Garden City. The drive up Logan Canyon was beautiful and of course we had to stop and take a few pictures.
(I've linked to all their blog post about the weekend. You should check them out. They all have some great pictures and different takes on everything. Really you should just check them all out period. They are each just plain fantastic.....who knows you may end up being real life friends someday too!)
Cherie planned the whole weekend- from the cabin to the food assignments, it was all great and come to find out.... it was her birthday the day we got there! Talented Heather made a cake and yea, we made her blow out a candle for each fabulous year of her fantastic life! We stayed up late and visited and laughed and talked about an assortment of things from Brazil to crafting, hehe!
If you are lucky enough to celebrate a birthday with Cherie, you get the honor of joining her "Big Lips Club". Don't we all look Fan-tab-ulous?Top to bottom, Ann, Mo, Heather, Keeley, Kimmie, Cherie, Tauna, & Melissa
The views of the lake were beautiful and we decided to take advantage of a break in the damp weather to enjoy the sun peaking out and drive down to the lake!
Keely, Tauna, Monica, Cherie and Kimmie
One of the last few pictures we took before leaving.
Can I tell you how sad I was to leave these fantastic women? I left with a heavy heart, and I missed them all before I even made it home. I doubt they will ever know how much each of them touched my life! I loved that we could all laugh together, cry together, share things that were really important to us and feel safe, not judged. These were truly spectacular women and I honestly love each of them!



4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Yay!!!!!!!!!
First of all.. FINALLY a comment on my blog! I thought.. maybe I should have a party for it!?
Second.. I LOVED your write up of it. ~ And it was fun to read it a month later.. because I MISS everyone!
You and Chad with your tarts.. lol!
I'm not judging! We love kneaders!
Aawe... your post about that fun girls week end are great too. I enjoyed the pics just wish I could have been ther for reals.
Okay, so I have been going through all 4 of your cathcup posts and serio- girl do you ever take a break??
Love the Halloween pics, the pre-school kiddies and of course the cabin!
xoxoxoxox
M
That was a fantastic weekend! I am so glad I was able to ride up with you and Ann! I really got to know you more! I love you even more now Monica!
Post a Comment