Sunday, January 27, 2008

What happened to my calm & predictable life?

What happened to my calm and for the most part, predictable life! Somehow in the last week, it just disappeared? Not that any of the things that have happened this past week have been bad, it just seems like a lot has happened all at once.
My favorite, (ok, only...but still, you know) sister won a week cruise to BERMUDA!! Yea for her, and yea for me, because she asked me to go with her, since her hubby is in Iraq. I'm so excited, this is way better that our regular girls weekends!
My mom's family is planing a trip to Yellowstone this summer, and I mean the WHOLE family. Aunt's, Uncles, cousins, cousin's kids...everyone! I am SO excited! We always have fun when we get together (which isn't enough), and if everyone comes we'll have around 33 kids and 36 adults! We've known about this for awhile, but my mom got our reservations this week, so now it's real.
And most overwhelming of all, I was called to be our ward girls camp leader today! I honestly thought when we were asked to come to the Bishops office last week, they had something for Derrick. I've been teaching Sunbeams (which I still get to do), and though it's crazy, I really like it! So, when they said, Monica and then girls camp in the SAME sentence, I just blankly stared? Paused (a loooooong pause) and went, "REALLY? Um, Ok?" And then I waited to hear who I would be helping with camp. The bishop kept talking, I was really only hearing parts of what he was saying, and then, "so I'll need 2 names from you before next Sunday." Wait......I'm in charge???? "But Bishop, I haven't been to camp since I went to camp, you know, like 15 years ago." Needless to say I walked out of the Bishops office in complete shock. I've gotten a bit more used to the idea, but still I'm overwhelmed.
I must say I am very lucky to have such a supportive husband. As crazy as all of this will be for me, he is going to get dumped on a lot, I'm afraid. But, he's just taken it all in stride and offered to help with whatever I need! What a lucky girl I am!
As you can see, it's been a crazy week! Our entire month of June is planned out now, with girls camp and Yellowstone and ATV jamboree and my brother-in-law coming home form Iraq, well, we are just going to be out of free days. I guess like the saying goes, keeping busy will help us stay out of trouble, right?
Oh hey, I'd love to hear what you're thinking....leave me comments, pretty please!

2 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Shalise said...

Monica,

WOW!! Your more busy then anyone I know. Girls camp will be great, poor Derrick; I am sure Aunt Jeanie would help during that week, She would love to come down I bet. Sounds like you have a fun summer planned.

Ann Marie said...

It always seems like your month of June is busy, so I'm sure it will be CRAZY busy this year.

I hope I'll get to see you sometime around your birthday, and not have to mail your present! :)

Thanks for calling today, and listening to me whine and rant!
I love you friend!