Christmas 2010....can we say I'm a bit behind on blogging? To keep this simple and thus make it more likely that I'll catch up BEFORE Christmas 2011, this is going to be a post of many pictures and few words!
Looks like Santa may have found the Dearden kids and left them just what they asked for.....despite their occasional naughty-ness!We decided to try something new at our house this year and simplify a bit. We told the kids ahead of time to only expect three gifts from us. We talked to them about the Wise Men bringing the Savior three gifts and that we'd like that to be our new family tradition. They all agreed, but I don't think they really thought we'd stick to it. I have to admit, it was hard not to throw in a few extra things here and there, but we stuck to it.
New shoes for everyone..... including mom, guess I didn't get a picture of myself. Is it just me or do Brock's shoes look huge..... well, my 10 year old wears the same size shoe as me now, and my feet aren't tiny!
The STAR of the day...... FURIOUS DRAGON (quite the name Kaleb came up with), Fury for short.
Is there anything better than Christmas smiles?
After the festivities at home and letting the kids enjoy gifts for a bit, we ventured (the whole 1/2 a block) to my mom and dad's for breakfast. I look forward to Christmas breakfast all year. My dad makes omelets.... only on Christmas, and they are YUMMERS! The kids all got personalized plates and Derrick and I scored the steam cleaned that I'd been coveting. After visiting and hanging out a bit, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Dearden's where I took NOT ONE PICTURE? I never seem to remember. Ted and Sheri spoiled all of us, and Christmas dinner was fantastic!Derrick's mom came and stayed a few weeks after Christmas and we had fun visiting and spending some time with her also! (once again NO pictures)


4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I am glad you are getting caught up!!
I cannot believe you guys have that BIG...lizard!!! Yikes :-)
Fun Christmas! How's that lizard? We love our lizard-- I would choose a bearded dragon next, then fire bellied toads.
Those are some seriously darling smiles! I'm pretty sure those cute kids are NEVER naughty!
Uh, the dragon-lizard-reptile thing.....EEEEEKKKK! I'm thinking Juarassic Park with the spitty creepy creature. I would have totally freaked.
You are one good mama!
By the way, those are big shoes.
The plates are such a cute idea.
Looks like you were all good enough to have Santa be generous.
Nice to know he's tight with your hubs, I might need to have him put in a good word for me.
(yes, already, I need a lot of time to convince Santa I've been good)
That is awesome Kaleb got a lizard! How fun for the kids!
I love that they all got new shoes including you!
I am glad you had such a great Christmas!
Don't worry about posting old stuff. I still have one more Christmas post myself. I can't believe how many things I did this year for Christmas!
Post a Comment