I keep seeing all of ya'll bloggin about your organizing ventures, and honestly, I need to be organizing, but I just wasn't feeling it. One of the worst area's in my house? My craft room/office...PATHETIC! Seriously it was embarrassing. I had to step over piles to get to my computer many times daily. Did I care? Not enough to do anything about it..... until today! Why today? A few things. First, I needed to sew up a birthday gift for one of my preschoolers, and well, you can't sew if you can't get to the machine and the chair to sit your butt down to sew. Second, third and fourth..... I had a friend call and want to borrow some punches and there was NO way I was letting her see that room, I still haven't finished Ann's Christmas banner, yes Christmas (I'm a slacker friend) and lastly I've had some requests to make and sell my banners, can't even consider that when you can't find the table to make them!
Told you it was BAD!!!
and the closet was pretty sad too!
During the process..... I think that's the first time there has been nothing on the table for years. I took out 3 full bags of garbage! Unfortunately when I clean, the mess spills out of the room into the hall, so that was one more mess that I had to deal with!Ready for after pictures???
Yippie! You can see the floor, and the table and the computer desk! That pile next to the sewing machine is mending/projects. There are also a few projects on the stamping table.
The closet.... I still have some things to go through, but it's MUCH better!
Remember the gift I needed to sew? It was clean enough in my room that I got it done tonight! I've been making these crayon rolls for each of my preschool kids birthday's, plus the nieces and nephews too. There is a great step by step tutorial for them here. They aren't very hard (just don't look too close at my lack of sewing skills). I changed things up a bit and used a button and elastic loop closure on the last few. I thought it might be easier for little hands than tying the ribbon. I also made a little one inch card stock template (show in the top picture) to help me measure where to sew my lines easier! I really should just move on to the next room and keep organizing/cleaning till I get the entire house done, but now that I have a clean space, I'd much rather play in the crafty room!


8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I want a craft room!! I want a craft room!! I have to use my kitchen table. :( Oh, if I could come visit and spend some time playing in your craft room....I would be SOO HAPPY! (and I would be happy to be spending time w/ you too)
Good job organizing. It looks GREAT. I think after all of that hard work, you should reward yourself with some craft time. :) You've earned it.
((HUGS))
That is impressive!!!!!
I love before and after pictures.
My youngest daughter moved back home and I have to give up my craft room. I moved into my hubby's office/computer room. I'm stuck in a corner so I totally downsized, but with the way I've arranged my craft tables, it totally works.
When the daughter moves out I'm not moving in.
I love your crayon thingie.
I'm going to go and check it out!
I have grandkids that might like that.
You rock!
I am so proud of you. I have plenty of rooms that need that same kind of attention. Can I hire you? :) Thanks again fo coming this weekend. We always have a blast with you guys.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy.. I could do a happy dance! So.. did you find the circle thing in there? lol!
I hope it stays clean now. ~ And hope you can make many creations in there. I am thinking.. I may have to order a few of those crayon holders as well.
Your just too talented my friend! :)
Look at you go girl! We are undertaking the same project except it is the WHOLE HOUSE! It's in complete disarray after the bug guys so we are dejunking, throwing away and organizing. Right now it's totally overwhelming, but I have a feeling we'll feel so good when it's all done
Ya for you!!! Great job on the craft room! I have had stuff look like that before I can get to them to organize it.
I love the crayon rolls! I have seen them before from a friend. You did a fabulous job!
Monica,
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I felt because of my lack of motivation that I had lost a lot of blog buddies. Thank you for coming to visit and saying hello. I have to admit that I love your office clean up posts. I recall this has happened before a while ago. I chuckle because you and I are much alike in that we have our annual clean up of the same rooms. I hope you have a lovely day! -Suzanne
LOOKIN' Good!! I had to do the same thing to my craft room cause I couldn't see the floor. ha ha It feels good to get it clean but I just mess it up again.
I think the sign of a true crafter is a messy craft room!
Post a Comment