Wednesday, January 5, 2011

{Procrastination at it's Best}

I'm not sure how many of you have noticed, but I'm a pretty great procrastinator. I'm hanging my head in shame as I type that last line, but, really it's true and I'll be the first to admit it. I have great intentions, but I leave most things to the last minute and then scramble to get it all done in time. In fact, my friend Emily once told me that she's pretty sure I work best under pressure, thus the reason I leave it all to the last day..... so subconsciously, it's a purposeful thing? (not sure if that's totally true, but it sounded good, right?) Anyhow, I always put off getting my new calendar for the year. This year that wasn't going to happen. I got the Lang catalog out, and even sat down to order, in like Nov. But, something came up and I didn't complete the order. Fast forward.... it's now January. Do I have a calendar? Nope! Can I function without everything written down? Not so much! Run out and buy a calendar you say? Did you forget I live far from shopping establishments? Derrick offered to bring me a Polaris calendar from the garage.... thanks babe, but that really doesn't go with the kitchen decor. My solution....

Looks great right? Not really, it's TACKY, and I know it. But guess what? After 2 days of looking at that, I sat myself right down at the computer and ordered not one, but TWO calendars (one for the kitchen and one for the office/scrappy craft room). And guess what..... they were on sale! I got both of them plus shipping for less than I would have paid for one if I would have finished my order in November! I just may plan to procrastinate next year, and if it's planned is it really considered procrastination?

I just had to add one more picture. I asked the preschool kids to write their names on their papers the other day. I heard Carlie say something about curlies, but didn't know what she meant until I saw this..........

Who, but my daughter would fancy up her writing on her preschool papers? It must be in the genes.

8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

CB said...

Your new calendar is thebomb.com! Ha Ha
Totally something I would do - I work best under pressure too!!
Carlie is SOOO dang cute. Everytime you tell me a story about her it just makes me giggle!

LKP said...

hehehe. i did this very same thing with DIY printed calendars right after we moved into our new house cause I couldn't find my calendar amid all the boxes! lasted until it was time for a new school year calendar. and even then i drug my feet too. :) you're not alone.

Ann Marie said...

Awesome.
Score on the discounted calendars!!

I think Emily is right...but I also think you don't know how to say NO.. and that's why you always babysit...make banners...invites.. stitch pillow cases...shop for bunko prizes.. all at the last minute.. you do so much!!!

So.. take your time with that Christmas banner. (he-he) and I hope to see you soon for a much needed break with you..

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I did the EXACT same thing! The Lang site was too slow when I ordered though.....it was like the 30th..."hello need a calendar".....so I got my Lang on Amazon.
Same thing as you....1/2 price, ordered my pocket one too.

I also have the same calendar hangy thingy.

You rock.
I think procrastination is an art form....just sayin'

Marilee said...

In my simplification of life in general, I purchased a wet/dry erase calendar that I stuck to one side of my refrigerator. It isn't the cutest thing, but it does the job!

Hooray for calendars!! Because if "it" isn't on the calendar, "it" doesn't happen.

Valerie said...

It's not called procrastinating~ it's called prioritizing, Silly!
I still don't have a calendar. I am currently using sticky notes on the computer! :)

mCat said...

I admit, I work best under pressure myself, so procrastination, schmastination. - It's really all part of our ultimate plan.

Heather said...

I still need a calender. It drives me crazy! I guess I am more behind than you!

I love how Carlie wrote her name!