Tuesday, October 12, 2010

{Catch Up #8- Carlie's Birthday}

Just a few weeks ago (see, I'm catchin' up....this may? be the last catch up post) my baby girl turned FIVE!!!

Isn't she just so stinkin' adorable?

She made it perfectly clear what she really wanted for her birthday....
#1- to go to Lake Powell. Sorry Baby, we did that 2 months ago.
#2- a Pillow Pet. But she couldn't decide which one, her mama may have steered her in the direction of an adorable black, white and pink zebra to match her room, it's gotta match ya know?
#3- a Snuggie! Which Aunt Lis got all crafty and just whipped up a darling, adorable and fantastic Snuggie for her, that I forgot to take a picture of??? But, trust me, it's cute!
(You'd think from her gift choices the child likes to sleep, but in all honesty she's the worst sleeper ever!)
Derrick and I also got her this Fisher Price digital camera. I think Carlie's calling in life is to be a Photographer. Seriously, every time I turn around she's stealing my camera and taking pictures. I find the most random pictures every time I turn it on, but that's a whole post on it's own, so stay tuned!
Honestly, I can't believe I even got any pictures of the present opening fiasco. I've NEVER seen a child tear through a pile of gifts like she did that night. So, thank you everyone for the gifts you brought, I'm not sure who brought what, but she loved it all...and we promise to work on gift manners before Christmas!
Aunt Lis got all the talent genes in our family, and once again made a fantastic cake for the occasion. Miss C changed her mind at least 20 times before she decided she wanted a Sleeping Beauty cake, but she had to have the pink dress, not the blue! Didn't it turn out super cute?
Some of the kiddo's enjoying cake on the back steps!
Happy Birthday Baby Doll!

Guess, what? I think this just may be my last catch up post! **Note to self- Don't ever neglect your blog for this long again... it takes way to long to catch up, Just sayin!


10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Cute! Cute and Cute!

Lisa did NOT Get ALL of the talent genes my friend! -- You both have it equally!!

The cake is DARLING! I have never seen a skirt in fondant.. and I think it looks amazing!

I LOVE that your catching up! :) I have LOADS of catching up to do.. and it's going to take me months!

Christy Cummings said...

She really is adorable! Looks like a fun party!

Misti said...

She is so adorable! And Lis did not get all the talented genes...you are pretty crafty and talented yourself! :)

Marilee said...

Your baby is 5!?! OH MY!

Heather said...

I can't believe how big she is!

Your sister did a fabulous job on that cake! I too love Sleeping Beauty! That is my all time favorite Disney cartoon!

Ayla has been eying those pet pillows too.

LKP said...

now that IS a cute cake! i always see them with the piped butter cream skirts, not the fondant. brilliant idea! kudos to carlie's awesome aunt.

and kudos to her awesome mom as well! i loved getting to know you in person this past week. you seriously are one rockin' chick. thanks for the good times, and for making me cry. i needed it. have been too hard for too long, and i needed some softening. you're a good woman, and a fabulous example to me!

enjoy the last of this week. ::hugs::

LKP said...

you have to know that i was completely panicked at first. cherie & i decided to get out of our cars since we were stopped there anyhow to get some pictures...but as soon as she walked up to my window i was asking if we knew any of the cars involved and kept straining my neck to make sure you gals weren't in it!!! i was relieved to know you were all ok, but i was seriously worried. sorry you didn't see it with the sheet. so sad. don't feel negated in this life. that's one of satan's greatest tools. know that you are loved, and because of divine talents & DNA, you've inherited some amazing abilities to overcome! i love ya! hang in there.

::hugs::

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

She's a very darling little girl! LOVE THE CAKE! So dang cute.

Hope you are rested from your wild partying!

TLC said...

That cake?!?! Your sister has some skillls forsure. But, YOU missy have MAJOR talent AS WELL!

I can't say enough how cutely dressed your kiddos are :)

And BTW...SO GLAD your back to blogging and catching up....

CB said...

First of all Carlie is a doll...and absolute doll! And I love looking at her even more because I know that she is a very spunky little gal (from all your stories!). ha ha

Her cake is super cute!! But I think you are just as talented in different ways (I say as I cry when I have to take my BOO banner down - which I have not done yet!).