I'm a big believer in girls nights out......weather it's a Bunko night or Eclipse and dinner with the girls, I need it and I look forward to it! We had a great time last week at the movie, Eclipse of course, dinner and then hanging out at Ann's afterwards.
My Hardworking Man
You would think that since my Husband is a teacher, I might just look forward to the summer break......not so much. Just because he gets a break from his "real" job doesn't mean I see him any more this time of year. He actually works two jobs through the summer, and longer hours. I'm not complaining, I'm thankful that Derrick is such a hard worker and I love him for that!
I had the chance to spend part of today at the funeral of my friend Amy that I blogged about here a few months back. As sad as the day was, it was an amazing tribute to an even more amazing lady. All of you should go to her blog and read the advice that she and her husband, Gary have shared, they are truly amazing people and when I grow up I want to be just like Amy! While there, I also got to see friends that I haven't seen for sometime. I am thankful to have so many great people that I consider friends, who lift me up and are examples to me. Some of them I see and talk to often, others it's been years, and some of my blog friends I've yet to meet, but each of you inspire me and make me want to be a better person!
Isn't my cake ADORABLE.......yep, I have a talented sister! Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes, you made my day!
I am truly grateful to live in a free country, and to those who have made that possible. I'll admit, every time I hear our National Anthem, I cry. We are blessed!
Morning Walks
My mom, Lisa and I have been meeting for a morning walk for the last month or so. I know I've said before how much I love mornings.......ummm, not at all! But, knowing that my mom is waiting out front (and watering my flowers if I'm too slow) gets me up and going. We meet Lisa at the corner and off we go. As much as I need the exercise, that's not really why I keep going..... it's the time I get to visit with my mom and my sister, time that I cherish! They are truly two of my best friends, and for that I'm grateful!






10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Monica!!
I am so sad that I have not seen you in a while! LOVED the birthday cake! Lisa did a great job! I just wanted to pop in and say I am thinkin of you and I hope your day is fabulous! -Suzanne
I'm so glad you have been having a fun summer!
I love your picture of GNO - I am with you there is nothing better!! Since I have been layed up for so long I am needing one BAD and it's been on my mind!
The pictures - young and old of your grandparents are SO great!! 60 years - Wow! We should all be so lucky!!
I'm grateful you came up here to play!!
I loved your post.. and I am grateful for most of those things as well...
I need to go to Amy's blog. I am glad you posted a link.
I am grateful for a post from you.. and happy you are my Bff!
First off...Happy Birthday!
Sorry I missed you at the funeral! My daughter Emily was the one who sang the first musical number. (I was the one running the sound system... but it was not my fault the microphone kept cutting out!)
It was a hard day~ but such a beautiful tribute to Amy.
Thanks for coming and supporting the family.
It was so good see you the other day! I just feel bad it was only for a moment. We need to have Emily plan a hoo-rah at her house for a get together...or we could drive to you or something. It days like wednesday that make me wish I still lived in Santaquin.
So fun to see everything you are up too!
I love your gratitude posts. They make me realize what I'm thankful for too. I can come up with so many more things after reading your posts! :)
I have been wanting to read your post for over a week now. I have been so busy. I was called to camp director and I have only had 2 weeks to plan. That is why I haven't been blogging! I just want you to know that I got on here just to read your blog and to post this comment. I will now have to catch up with everyone else's blogs this week.
What a beautiful post!
It was so good to see you! It was a lot of fun as usual!
I am so sorry for your friend passing! I have been praying for her every night since your post! I will now pray for yours and her families comfort.
I love the picture of your grandparents from 60 years! That is awesome!
I wish I could have seen you at the funeral. I am so bummed I missed it. I am with you on getting out with the gals. It is an important part of our lives. We need to have those moments to share and laugh with our great friends. I love ya and miss ya!!
Stef
Post a Comment