Wednesday, May 19, 2010

{Here Comes the Bride}

This is me, at my wedding, with the most adorable flower girl.....my sweet girl, Skyler (not literally, but to me, she's just always been my girl). Really, it seems like just yesterday Derrick and I were getting married. Well, obviously it wasn't because this last weekend......SKYLER got married! And, it was beautiful. And I'm happy for her, because she is so happy. And well, Maben is a pretty great guy. And they make a perfect couple. But darn it, now I feel old!
We had a shower for her a few months ago, and since it was the day after Kaleb's baptism, I just never got around to blogging about it. So, I thought I'd throw it in here. It was nice, the food was yummy, and she got some great gifts. Now, back to the real post!

A few months ago, Sky asked me if I would put together some pages for the guest to sign. Well, I procrastinated (for the first time ever?!?, ok, like I always do) and finally finished them late Wednesday night, or actually it was more like early Thursday morning. Hey, the wedding was on Friday, I still had plenty of time! I'm so glad she asked me to do them. I've taken a bit of a break from stamping and crafting and I really missed it, so this was really a good motivator.
Lisa made the cake and of course that meant I got to go help, which I'm really not sure how much help I really am? Anyhow, that was a full day project for Friday. For some reason, this cake just didn't go smooth, from start to finish it was just one thing after another, including fingers in the cake not long after we got it set up! In the end it all worked out and was one of my favorite cakes she's done. A friend had let them use this whiskey barrel they had, but they didn't really know where they were going to put it,... I think it turned out to be the perfect cake stand! My sister-in-law Julia did most of the decorating, and it turned out really nice, but in all the running I didn't end up getting any pictures of it all.
Maben & Skyler Larsen
This is one of the only pictures I actually took at the reception! Carlie sure loves Skyler, and the "marrying" is all she has been talking about all week. At the end of the reception they had dancing and Sky and Maben along with some others did some swing dancing. On the way home that night Carlie, told us all about it. "Skyler danced with Maben and it was SO cool. And he lifted her up and it was just awesome"(you have to imagine it in her little diva voice to get the full effect).
I just had to add this one in. Sky gave Carlie a little kiss and left lipstick on her cheek. I tried to wipe it off, but she wouldn't let me! Derrick and the boys popped in for just a second, between a baseball game and fathers and sons campout, so it was a crazy day for them as well.



8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Tricia said...

That cake is so classy and yet with the barrel has a western flare. The pages are great too.

CB said...

I think it is so fun that you have a wedding picture of yourself with Skyler and then there is a picture of Skyler in her wedding dress with your daughter Carlie. So sweet!
Looks like a wonderful wedding and they are a beautiful couple. It's so fun to be able to help out at weddings like that!

Suzanne said...

Way to go on getting the pages done!! Lisa did a great job on the cake too! Congratulations to the beautiful bride! Hope you are having a wonderful day! -Suzanne

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Ahhh...I love your wedding picture. :) and I love the picture of Skyler and Carlie. Too cute!

Was that cake as yummy as it looked????? Ummmmm after looking at that picture, I want some wedding cake now. I guess I might have to go crash a wedding just to get some.

((HUGS))

Shane & Laina said...

What a great wedding. The pages you did were amazing and Lisa's cake looked perfect as well. You girls are super awesome!!!
I have to admit, that wedding made me feel old too...bummer for us huh!

Heather said...

The pages looked great! You always do such a great job!

The cake looked beautiful! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who has problems with some cakes. Sometimes it seems like some cakes go so smoothly and others have every thing you could image go wrong with them. But they always seem to turn out in the end.

Your sister looked beautiful! I love that you have the picture of you and her at your wedding and then all the pictures of her wedding! Time flies!!

Heather said...

Thank you for your input on potty training. I think I am going to try it.

Marilee said...

It's fun to plan a wedding, see how it all turns out, clean up and call it a great day!