To say this week has been busy for us, well that would be an understatement! Don't get me wrong, everything we had going on was good, it just made for a crazy week. But, the week definitely ended on a high note with Kaleb's birthday and baptism! Yep, I'm a proud mama! Kaleb is such a fun boy, full of life and personality, and I feel lucky to be his mom.
We are blessed here, we don't have a font in our building, but the neighboring town does and we get the opportunity to use it for personal baptisms. So, Kaleb was lucky enough to be baptized on his birthday! Kaleb planned out his own baptism program, he knew exactly who he wanted to do what.
Opening Song- When Jesus Christ was Baptized
Opening Prayer- Sheri Dearden (Grandmother)
Talk on Baptism- Lisa Teeples (Aunt)
Baptism Ordinance
Performed by Shad Beckstrand (Uncle)
Witnesses Harold & Robert Beckstrand (Grandfathers)
Spotlight- Derrick & Monica Dearden (Parents)
Talk on the Holy Ghost- Carlene Beckstrand (Grandma)
Confirmation Ordinance
Performed by Kyle Beckstrand (Uncle)
Closing Song- I Know My Savior Loves Me
Sung by-Brock, Kaleb & Carlie Dearden, Carson, Bryson &
Tylie Teeples, Addison Beckstrand, & Sydney Dearden (Cousins & Aunt)
Closing Prayer- Brock Dearden (Brother)
Closing Prayer- Brock Dearden (Brother)
He had lots of family and friends there to support him and we felt blessed. Of course, me being me, I cried..... isn't that my job as his mom? I have to tell you it may have ended up being one of the most entertaining baptisms I've been to in a while......... I mean, how often do you see a fist fight during the closing song between the cousins?!? Yep, that would be the baptism boy and his cousin Bryson, and yes, they were performing the song in front of everyone! I was trying to drag them apart, lead the song, and keep the other kids singing too?!? In the end I pretty much ended up singing a solo and wasn't a happy mama right then. Now, looking back, it really was pretty funny and will be one of those stories that is told again and again!I also had to laugh at Miss Carlie.... after the baptism while we were waiting for Kaleb to get dressed, she whispered to me, well, in a Carlie whisper, which is still quite loud, saying "I know who I want to splash me under!" HA! Splash me under?!? When I stopped laughing enough to finally ask her who, she said her Papa, she's always been her Papa's girl!
After the baptism we went back to our ward building for a little birthday celebration! Kaleb was excited with his new skin for his DS..... it was Lego's of course, what else!?! He had lots of help opening his presents from his cousins.
It all was a lot of work..... but it turned out to be a good day and it was definitely worth it!

10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
It was a very nice day and you did a great job sis.
looks like you had a great day!
It was a very nice Day Monica. You worry too much. I thought the fight was pretty good to. Actually I thought they were going to finish it after they sat down. I am glad they didn't though. The program was fantastic as usual. Yo always pull it off so well.
That would be a happy day! I am glad every thing turned out well and that you can look back even at the part of the cousins duking it out during the closing song and laugh! Looks like you had a good turn out. How fun for Kaleb! It was worth all the work!
What a great day to celebrate! The fist fight was classic! LOL Honestly, those are the classic stories that no one will ever forget his baptism. Ha!
So glad you had a wonderful weekend! You looked gorgeous mama! Have a fabulous day! -Suzanne
Sounds like you guys had a great day! How exciting!
It is great to be eight :)
It's so hard to believe our little men are growing up.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that family picture. What a DARLING family :)
Wish I could have been there to celebrate with everyone.
((hugs))
I just love the 8th birthday! I love those big smiles on your son and baptism clothes and what a special day it is. Congrats!
Such cute pictures!!
I also love the family one.. so darling!
A fight.. right after the baptism?? lol! Those boys!!!
I knew it would all go well.. because you always make everything great!
I love ya.. and think you REALLY need to get away now.. and come up North.. What do ya say... PLEASE??
You have such a cute family!
It really sounds like it was a great day. I remember Trae's baptism like it was yesterday...even though he'll be 9 in a couple of weeks.
And too funny about the fight!
Post a Comment