#1 C.....Canning
My kids love bottled peaches. I canned a bushel last year and we ran out. This year, I ordered 3 bushels or 74 pounds of peaches.... I'm not sure that was a smart thing to do. But whatever, I had peaches coming out my ears and that meant work to do. I spent most of Saturday listening to LDS general Conference, blanching peaches, pealing peaches, cutting peaches and finally canning peaches. I took a break on Sunday and started again Monday. Things were going great, until we noticed there was a big puddle of water by our meter? Derrick ended up digging up the line to see why and there was a leak, so off went the water. Canning was officially done for the day.... you just can't can without water! We finally got the water back on Tuesday afternoon, and back to canning I was.
I ended up with 37 quarts of peaches, 4 pints of peach pit jelly, and 14 pints of peach raspberry jam! That was a lot of work, but it sure looks pretty on my shelves.
We took a drive Sunday afternoon up the canyon. I have the best memories of Sunday drives and fall leaves and hopefully my kids will too. I'm always sad to see fall go, it's one of my favorite times of the year!
#3 C.....Conference
Conference.....it always seems to come around right when I need it the most. It's funny, I used to dread it when I was younger, now I look forward to it. I love to be spiritually fed, uplifted and motivated. What wonderful leaders we have who live by example, and who serve, not only the Lord, but each of us. I didn't get a chance to hear all the talks that were given, but I've set a goal to not only read each one, but to study them.#4 C.....Crafts


6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
This post was everything GOOD!
I am so exited to buy one of those flowers.. and hopefully some bows/flowers from Lisa! I've got to take inventory on colors!
You are a busy woman! I am proud of you! Way to go with all of the peaches.. the cleaning.. and the crafting!
I hope I get to see you next weekend! Love you! XO
I love the letter "C" giggle giggle :D
Which means I definately love your "C"'s - Your canning looks beautiful - Holy cow 3 bushels is a lot of peaches - Wow!
I am sure the Canyon's look gorgeous. When I went to BYU eons ago I used to drive the canyons alot in the Fall just to relax and enjoy.
And Conference - It is the best!
I love my Big Shot there are so many things you can do! Your card and your flowers are so cute :D
P.S. I think I already told you another time how much I LOVE your ladder - It is pretty sweet - I think it is great the way you change it up :D
HEEELLLOOO Ann, my silly friend! You will NOT be buying one of my flowers!?!?! You deserve a little gift for driving all the long way to visit me! Have I ever left your home empty handed....Nope never happened. I will custom make you any flower you would like. It will be our craft for the day. I just can't wait to see you (positive thoughts, positive thoughts)! Loves ya ♥ Mo
Way to go! You got a lot accomplished. Darling crafts. I love the flower and the Boo sign, too cute!
You put us all to shame! Cute stuff!
Post a Comment