Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.
~ Cicero
It's been too long since I've done a gratitude post, so without further ado, this week I'm thankful for.........
- Kaleb~ What a great kid he is! Sunday as Primary began, we realized that our prayer, scripture and both our talks were missing. Our Primary president asked for a volunteer for the prayer and scripture and after filling those spots, asked jokingly for a talk....Kaleb's hand shot right up. Without stopping to think about it, my little man stood up and bore the most sweet and sincere testimony full of hope and faith. Of course he made me cry (I do that a lot). I'm so thankful to be his mom, he has the most mischievous grin and sweet spirit, and well, he truly is a bright spot in my life!

- A Clean Room~ I hate to admit this, but I am probably as bad or worse than my kids at keeping my room clean. In fact while Ann was here she practically begged to clean and organize my room (she enjoys it). No way was that happening! But, she motivated me (she says guilted me) to clean, and clean I did! Not only did I clean, I made a new lamp shade for Derrick's lamp. I've hated the shade on it, for well, as long as I've had it, I'm thinking 12 years?!?! Why did I not do something about it sooner? I'm not sure, but it looks MUCH better. Now I'm thinking I should maybe paint the gold black, or another color. What do you think?
- Preschool~ Yep, I'm really enjoying it! I'm thankful for all of your encouragement.... I don't know if I would have done it otherwise. I may be biased, but I have the cutest class ever. They each have the funnest personalities. Last week we got to go on a field trip the Fire station, and had so much fun. I felt bad that our only little boy was sick and didn't get to come, because they were adorable!



6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Yay!! First!!
Ok.. I cryed through it all ( of course ) and can I just tell you that I have been thinking and reflecting LOTS about the weekend.. and it meant so much to me in soo many ways.. it's going to be hard to put my thoughts all into words.
You have amazingly sweet friends.
You have an amazingly sweet family..
( Happy Birthday Robert! )
You are an amazing WOMAN! I am so glad that we met.. became friends.. and have stayed close with soo many miles between us. You bless my life greatly!
Little Kaleb is so cute.
That time at church was a testimony of you as a mother.. your doing the right thing!
You have such a loving family.. and great kids! You and Derrick are good parents! :)
Love you.. and your gratitude post..
XO
PS: What was it that Tenney called me when she saw this picture?? I can't remember...
You are a blessed woman.
I can tell you and Ann are such good friends and I always think it is truly priceless to have a "true" friend! Friends can come and go but a true friend is there no matter how far the time or distance! You are lucky to have each other.
I love the new lampshade - So cute. Isn't it funny how sometimes a fairly easy project is left for so long and you think..Why? Why didn't I do that sooner!
Great post!
What a sweet post! I love the lamp shade. It turned out super cute :) Tell your Dad Happy Birthday from me. He really is a great guy!
Thanks for sharing your gratitude!!
I am so glad you had that time with Ann. I saw what you guys did on her blog. I love the New Moon invitations. Can't wait to see you there.
Your room looks great! I can picture Ann wanting to help you organize. She is so funny. I love her too.
Happy birthday to your wonderful dad. I remember the post you did on his retirement.
Post a Comment