by Shannon Hale
A very different kind of fantasy from New York Times bestselling author Shannon Hale. What if you were to meet the number-one person on your laminated list—you know, that list you joke about with your significant other about which five celebrities you’d be allowed to run off with if ever given the chance? And of course since it’ll never happen it doesn’t matter…
Mormon housewife Becky Jack is seven months pregnant with her fourth child when she meets celebrity hearth throb Felix Callahan. Twelve hours, one elevator ride, and one alcohol-free dinner later, something has happened…though nothing has happened. It isn’t sexual. It isn’t even quite love. But a month later Felix shows up in Salt Lake City to visit and before they know what’s hit them, Felix and Becky are best friends. Really. Becky’s husband is pretty cool about it. Her children roll their eyes. Her neighbors gossip endlessly. But Felix and Becky have something special…something unusual, something completely impossible to sustain. Or is it? A magical story, The Actor and the Housewife explores what could happen when your not-so-secret celebrity crush walks right into real life and changes everything.
Sorry, I just copied and pasted the info.... I really couldn't explain it better myself. If you are looking for an entertaining, fun read, I'd recommend this one. And really let me know what you think.
Oh yea, I almost forgot. I'm copying Ann and putting 5 things I'm thankful for at the bottom of each post in November.
Here goes...... 1-My bloggy friends that motivate me and encourage me. 2- Mr. Hubby, he's a great guy and I feel lucky he picked me. 3- A cut and color, topped off with a chance to visit with my cute SIL stylist Katy. 4- Supportive family. 5- Coke....stone me if you must, but Coke makes me happy!



6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I LOVE shannon Hale, if you haven't read goose girl and pricess acadamy you HAVE to!
I love to read so much, I need to make it more of a priority in my life.
Thanks for the recomendation, I am going to read this book SOON!!!
Mo I am glad you are sharing some of your book finds. I too have a hard time sleeping and love to read. I also have to read before I go to bed no matter what.
I always have my nose in a book and sometimes 2 or 3.
This book sounds good. I have not read this author.
Thanks and have a GREAT weekend!
MO I need to call you and here your voice!!!!!!
I SOOOOO know what you mean, I never put books for recommend.
I HATE it when people don't like what a just thought was wonderful...it will bug me and ruin alittle story magic for myself.
I also....read the nights away. I look forward to it. Can't go to sleep unless i read first. Ladies at work will laugh when i say i need to get home to my book LOL :)
Like you, my number of pages is so high that i am affraid people will think thats all i do.
Is this a chuch book or can i find it in regular book stores????
PS. CALL ME!!!!!!!
Yay! I loved to read this post!
~ And I may read this book.. because I like Shannon Hale.
I'm grateful you enjoy reading so much. I kinda get jealous... Wishing I could MAKE myself LOVE books. But hey.. it took me a year and a surgery to get me to read twilight..
~ And I think at the end of all of your posts.. I'm going to say what I am grateful for about you!!
I'm grateful for:
Times riding in the jeep. Trips to Mexico and CA -- even though I was a brat.. Scrapbooking in the Murder house.. Listening to Independant Love song at your Mom's like 100 times.. and going to the Temple with you..
I'll stand by you on the Coke thing. They can stone me to...it makes me happy!
I love Shannon Hale. Goose Girl is my fav with Princess Academy as close second. I am glad to see this one and will look for it soon. My sister in law has me reading the Luxe series...Ever heard of it? It is a good read as well. Keep in touch
Post a Comment