When I posted my Halloween table runner, my friend Tauna wondered what I was going to come up with for Thanksgiving. She was expecting something, and I couldn't disappoint her. After a bit of thought and scrounging through my fabric stash, I decided to try a rag quilt style runner. I had most of the fabric I needed and only had to get some batting and the fall-ish leaves fabric.
I also stitched up the same pumpkin from the pillow I made last month on each end.... not to shabby, if I don't say so myself!
Have I ever mentioned I love my little town? Well, I do. I was gifted with some pumpkins from a family here. When I said I'd like some, I was totally planning to set them on the porch to decorate with. When they were delivered (yep, they even delivered them) I was asked if I was going to bottle them? Hadn't crossed my mind, but maybe? Hmmm? Maybe I shouldn't just waste them. I guess I could freeze them? So I cleaned them out, cut them up, baked them (for what seemed like forever) cut off the rind and mashed them a bit before sticking them in the blender..... where I learned,
Monday, November 14, 2011
{Domestic Diva in the Making}
Awhile back my friend, Marilee, made a list on her blog of things she wanted to accomplish, things that when she finished, she would have earned the title of Domestic Diva! I'm far from considering myself a Domestic Diva, but I'm working on it.
Do I consider myself a Domestic Diva now? Not by a long shot (my kitchen is a mess and I have to step over piles of stuff in the office, so I've got a ways to go). Do I feel like I accomplished a few good things this week? Sure do! So, we're good!
Posted by {Mo} at 11:07 AM
Labels: homemaking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!
I love your table runner! And YES I was anxious to see what you came up with. Thanks so much for NOT disappointing me.
You totally went beyond domestic diva! I love the pumpkin in the freezer. You froze it in the muffin cups to get specific amount for a recipe??? Brilliant.
I love the pillow too.
YOU are amazing.
NOW...............Christmas table runner.................I'm so excited to see it I can't stand it.
Great job Monica! I am so impressed. I think that you are a domestic diva and maybe you can give me lessons. Love ya!
Well...if that doesn't qualify you for Domestic Diva~ I don't know what will!
Well MO Woman! Look-At-You-Go!!!
Pumpkin is intimidating to me so right there I count you as a totaly Domestic Diva!!
i LOVE your sweet embroidered pumpkin on the runner! you're so freaking talented. we need to be neighbors, so maybe then i'd be a) more motivated to domesticate my mess of a house more frequently, and b) be more motivated to make pretty wonderful things for my home & family. this year i've been less domestic. hopefully that doesn't mean my scale's tipped so i've been more of a diva though?! yikes. anyhow. love you! ::hugs::
Wow. Just wow.
So happy to see all of this motivation.. and creativity coming out in you!!!
LOVE the table runner.. and I have NEVER heard of bottling/freezing pumpkin. That is for sure worth the Domestic Diva title!!
Love ya. Hope to see you friday!!
There is always something "DIVA-ish" to be tried, experimented, and accomplished. I definitely need to renew my Domestic Diva Certificate.
Your projects are darling and fulfilling!! I have a new yummy recipe for you to use all of that pumpkin up with :)
You have a BLOG!?? Good heavens child! How did I not know??? Now I do:) YAY! You make the most adorable crafty things ahh! I could die!
ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室 , ut聊天室
Post a Comment